Hepatitis C Community
post treatment affect after one year still continoue

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hi everyone on this helpful forum, today i discuuing with you my long term side affects of interferon treatment after 6 month therapy my virus is gone but many more side effects appear in my body big one is thyroid problem i am still hypothyroid after one year, before this i have a h.polori bacterial infection, colonic proctitic, two month before my throid level are normal but i still faces there symptoms and my level are again raise at 18 and know a big problem appear with all of this is GERD gastric reflux deseas is any one facing this i am very wired about this its not getting well by the medicine rebcid 20 mg daily i cant get my normal food and facing a many problem due to this and a big tension is about my liver is it ok in all these side effects my GP said is liver is ok but i am woried about all in these type of condition will any body else facing thing like me and finally cleared all these problems...

thanks,, waiting for your idease
Hello, first congratulations for getting through tx!  Are you being treated for your thyroid problem?  The tx can cause problems with the thyroid.  During my tx my thyroid got that high.  It quickly returned to normal.  Have you seen your liver doctor to discuss?
I know that people have had problems after treating and it takes a while to recover, normally as time goes on they do get better.  But..if they don't then the patient needs to treat each symptom as a different occurrence.
After treating I was losing a lot of hair, I thought it was the tx and part of it was but the other part that my TSH was very high which indicated I needed more medication.  I wasted time thinking it was all the tx.
Good luck
Dee
thanks dee but i have not a only problem with my throid have a many more with this is all these problems are with throid or due to my liver i am very wired about that friend.
Hi everything in the body is connected so perhaps you could start with the thyroid. A TSH of 18 is pretty high.
Take Care
Dee