Hepatitis C Community
psi7977 pharmasset any info.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

psi7977 pharmasset any info.

Has anyone done a clinical study with psi7977?? what were your results. My husband is type 1a partial/ responder hasn't treated in 3 years.we are trying to get him on clinical for this oral drug in miami but the trial QUANTUM was for naive patients, any info or feedback appreciated.
waiting my self on that one----
the trial that is for everyone is called "neutrino"
coming soon to to a locale near us all please Dear God.
There is an extension of the BMS 790052/ PSI 7977 study which has been ongoing for some months now which is aimed at people who failed the triple.  That is coming up in Febrary or March.  The Phase III trials are going to be including people who "cannot take interferon" and that involves people who have already tried it.  If you don't feel offended by reading material which is aimed at investors, I would take a look at Pharmasset's web site www.pharmasset.com and also at some of the web sites regarding new drug research.  The web site will also tell you about trials as they arise.  

I can't find the original link for this discussion but here is what I copied over for my journal:  http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/322808/Phase-III-all-oral-trials-announced-with-PSI-7977-and-Ribaviron

Most of the people I have been able to track and myself have had very good results (UND in a week or two) with the PSI 7977 incl the 1a 's but the only SVR data I know of at this point has been with GT 2s and 3s and in that group of 40 or so SVR was close to 100% as I recall.   Very minimal or no side effects without the interferon.  SVR data for the rest of us will be some months into the future.  
Thank you jerialice and curioslady1...so helpful...great info ...form great ladies...may god walk with you always.
Say can you give me more info re: BMS 790052/ PSI 7977- is that the trail you did? Which one did you do and what results are you having?
I can't take the SOC and looking for alternatives!
Is there somewhere you share your experience?
Thanks SO much!
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=pharmasset&recr=Open

more open trials