Hepatitis C Community
puffy eye problem on tx

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

puffy eye problem on tx

i'm on tx week 37, i wish i did it long ago, but i was to frightened.
Anyways i'd say most sideeffects r overrated (not that bad and very tolerable). the main problem for me lately is puffiness in my eyes that basicly does not go away, does any one on tx experience the same? Any remedies?
I tried everything inc. preparation H, teabags, all kinds of untipuffy masks and creams, allergy pills, nothing seem to help.
Also extreme irritabilyty and moodiness....

I was watching My sisters Keeper last night - boy oh boy for anybody who wants to say what we do is chemo........those are some SERIOUS side effects. Made me feel like a little wuss!

I dont remember about the puffy eyes but Diane was posting recently about nasal problems - maybe it is all connected somehow. Did you try an antihistamine of any kind maybe that could help?
Kosh...I had the puffy eye problem when I was on TX.  I actually missed a couple of days of work because I looked like I had been punched in both eyes.  Along with the puffiness was a severe redness.  I'm not sure I figured out a solution but I think the following things helped me:  I would use a hot or cold washcloth across my eyes.  I first tried cold and it seems to work for a bit but I actually think the hot worked better.  So, give each a try and see if either one helps you.  I also used benadryl and Zyrtec.  My GI doc told me I could use both...the benadryl at night which would actually help me sleep too and the Zyrtec during the day when I didn't want to be drowsy.  

Be careful with the antipuffy creams, prep H creams, etc because our skin is very sensitive while on TX and those things can irritate.  Keep it simple.
Hi! It's been 3  years since my last post... How are you doing, I hope you are well, and blessed, and so is your daughter.... My passward was not working and then next 3 they sent me wern't working, so I gave up this site for a while. I went through mt tx, and actually enjoyed it. Thanks to you who convinced me to go through it, Thank you so much!!!! I do have a cople glasses of wine on weekends though, and some docs say I should not drink at all, while my GI said it's ok.... Do you drink?
Have a happy new year!!!!
Hi! Thanks for response, sorry about responding 3 years later, as my puffy eye problem never went away after the treatment... Did yours go away? Nothing seem to help, I do take allergy meds and washcloth remedies and stuff...
Happy New Year!