Hepatitis C Community
red bloods cellls

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

red bloods cellls

rbc dropped 2 pts. in 2 weeks Dr. said she going to start me on a shot to stimulate my bone marrow to make more red blood cells. Will I feel better?
You say dropped two points? This is not uncommon for someone doing HCV therapy.
All  of the medications have an effect on dropping the HGB. and therefore "hemolytic anemia" can develop in some.

Do you know what your HGB is? Usually the bone marrow "growth factor Procrit" is not initiated until HGB is <10.

Good luck...
Will
Sorry. to answer your question..Yes ..  if the  bone marrow "growth factor raises HGB the effects of "anemia" can be regulated and you should feel better,however this can take a few weeks to happen..
Best...
Will
Hi Linda ~ I agree with Will it is a good habit to obtain copies of your labs from now on. That way you can enter the specific value and people can provide a more exact response. Plus your Hgb (Haemoglobin) might drop from time to time throughout treatment.

Not sure what your Hgb is at current but when mine declined it took about two weeks for the shot to kick in and for me to physically feel less drained. I could make it up the stairs without a struggle and things like that.