Hepatitis C Community
red palms not going away

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

red palms not going away

i'm 3 months post tx and i've still got red palms.  of course they're not all red, like people with cirrhosis, but you can tell the red areas that seem to be developing.

if you press a glass slide or a piece of glass to it, it blanches and throbs with the pulse.

have any of you guys tried putting glass to your palms to see the throbbing behavior?

are your red palms gradually disappearing after SVR?

i'm gonna get a PCR in the near future. rightnow i've ordered LFTs and the rest of the stuff and waiting for the results.
you seem to obsess with things alot. i also worry about things like this, although not to the extent you do. if you are scared that you have relapsed because of the the red palms just relax until you have your post tx results. if you think it is a sign of cirrhosis you may need to finally have a biopsy. if you are going to worry the way you do then you have to put your mind at ease with a biopsy. believe me when i tell you from my own experience that living in fear and worry it no way to live life! it is not fair to you or your family to be consumed with this worry all the time. wishing you all the best
Avatar n tn
my red  areas on my palms did not clear up after SVR.   it is mostly   on the  area  adjacent to my wrist down from my little fingers.   the right hand is the reddest.   dr.s dont seem to make a big deal about it.  i did have one dr. look at my palms when he knew i had hepc.   but i dont think its a total indicator of a problem.
Avatar n tn
its not that i think i have cirrhosis.  i believ eyou can get red palms even without cirrhosis.  me and scubaguy are both examples of red palms without cirrhosis...cuz my platelets pre tx were in the 300 range, and all doctors said there was no way i was even near cirrhosis.

my palms have two red blotches on the mound of the little fingers.  pre tx i could make out only the left hand one, but now the right hand has developed it in one week.  thats whats worrying me, because it seems to be developing rapidly.
Avatar n tn
If it weren't such a serious matter oh to think of the jokes we could be telling!

Sorry about that
yes i have red palms as well and was worried because i had read that people with cirrhosis have reddend palms , palmer erthma. i ask 2 different hepatologist about it and they were not concerned at all. they said they would not look at just someones palms but rather the whole picture to determine cirrhosis without a bx. may i ask if your worry about the red palms is not that you have cirrhosis then what is your concern?

PS, and to the others, NO i have not been having a date with my hand to make my palms red, LOL. although if you switch hands it does feel like a new girlfriend :-)
i had a palmreader look at my palms, actually it was just my right palm. she accurately determined i was dating "Rosy Palm and here 5 sisters"! sorry, couldn't resist. but seriously, if you really are worried get a bx. when was the last pcr done after tx? if your still clear relax and enjoy your life.
crazy...i was thinking the same thing...scarey

niceguy...i had a dr. look at my palms too, but he said not to worry if they looked kinda red at times...i'm praying that all is well with you, and that you have a great weekend!!!
Hi, Im 3 yrs post tx, the red palms are still here, have a friend with hep c who also has the red palms, he says that it is common for people with hep c.  I dont think it has anything to do with the tx.  Maybe it appears when the liver is in a latter stage of fibrosis, Im not sure.

Linda
I meant that to be sent to niceguy, not copyman.
Avatar n tn
i have had the red palm thing going on since treatmeant in 2001, the drs. told not to worry about it. that they probally won;t go away but that it dosen't mean my chirrosis (cirrhosis) is getting any worse. their simply red palms, what they did worry about on my palms and other areas was the peticei(spelling?) the red dots, they cut my dose in half after that.i hope this gives you nothing to worry about and trust me there are.
Dee1956 commented on spider6's status
Dee1956 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Jun 24
Track your weight over time