redipen unit failure
Thank you for the many replies
When I called the nurse she stated NO ONE HAS PROBLEMS WITH THEM!
I felt like I was going crazy
I can read
I can follow directions
Im even licensed nurse giving others injections
I was told maybe Im just used to being in control #%$$*^%&(^)

my opinion Its all about makketing and it sucks
first when you give an injection even sq you pull back to check for blood
cant do with the redi pen
then who in there right mind would place a thumb the finger with least control over the plunger
bottom line Im going to use the type you mix yourself even a monkey is capable of doing this

Its a nightmare to psy yourself up for the injection and then not have it on a friday night
the f------- pharm are rip offs

be well all
Hi. Can you see if you can get the old-fashioned syringes where you mix yourself instead? That's what i'm on. just thinking it might help. i've heard lots of people complain about redipen so it's definently not you. good luck.
I hear ya Poodlegirl. The whole shot thing is still awkward for me. Some of us the have to use the "rescue" meds have to fix the
whole shot , out of the vile ... very uncomfortable. I guess eventually I'll get used to it , but after 13 weeks , not yet.

I screwed up my first shot of Procrit. I didn't worry about it too much , I knew there was plenty more coming behind it.

Take care..
i take all my shots out of the 'vile'....nice freudian slip -lol...i watched a video for redipen,wondered why complicate a perfectly designed injection tool?? the syringe works best for me & i use same size for interferon,procrit & neupogen..Important to keep it simple for fellas like me! just did shot#33.......
I use the redipen, and although I don't like it, I haven't ever had a problem, other than the dribbles.... I think they come with an enlarged prostate, no pun intended
I tried both, first go round was Redipen, second prefilled syringes. Redipen SUCKS!!! Big, bulky, awkward, etc.. The prefilled where sooooo much easier to use. Just my personal opinion of course.
All I just received this note on the new drugs that are out there.  Some may already be aware of the info and some not.
Just thought it was good info.

Pat

http://hepatitis-central.org/mt/archives/2006/06/new_therapy_com.html?eml=hepcen060623

sorry, I guess I meant premature .... uh dribbles, before I poke myself.....
I know its normal, I just don't like it.  Consult Dr. actually said to get every drop, didn't know we don't have a choice when it blows out on the floor....
ask to switch to vials. i like them better. they are also cheaper.
bobby
all these redipen problems makes you wonder if some relapses are due to underdosing due to the pen's failure and the user not knowing it had failed to deliver the full dose?

rocker; you do know about the copywright issues mentioned in MH's terms of use, don't you? try the links. it could prevent the thread from getting zapped.
i have always used all the dosage in the vials  commitment to care   provides-probably overdosing.....whatever works eh?
yup, beamer \
mine was good to the last drop...in the vial, that is. that syringe was filled to the point of almost popping...can't waste the liquid gold!
Has anyone ever had their doctors nurse administer the meds?  Why do we have to stab ourselves?
Hi poodlegirl

I am using the Redipen also. My wife gives me my shots and is a RN also. She can
Haven't seen you in a while. How are you and your lump doing?
those redi pens suck!!!!
i will not use them anymore. 40% of them seem defective.
i have been giving the drug cos feedback on that!
go for the old style......
it's really about the same amount of work.
ja
Hate the redipen, isn't the needle bigger than a regular insulin syringe?  I did 30 weeks of tx, first 20 I used the vials and insulin syringe and never felt one bit of pain.  Then the redipen came along and son of a @#$%%%^, it hurt.  

When I go back on tx, I am beggin for the vials and insulin syringes, sooo much easier.  Any tool that leaks and doesn't always work, hurts the thumb and may fail, well, I figure that tool needs to go back to the drawing board and I'm gonna do all in my power to not support bad technology.  Cross your fingers, here's hoping my new doc will agree with me.

Rocker,
Ditto on your delight with the info about roibos, also known as African Red Bush.  It is not a tea, but a plant grown in Africa and I gotta tell you, when you can find it in the proper strength, it is magic for a sick belly.  Plus, it truly does have major anti-oxidants in it.  Somehow, I bet IFN causes a bit of oxidation so Roibos sounds like what I will be sluggin down when I start tx again.  Plus, no caffeine.  I'm not a big health food freak, but I love Roibos.  Have a good one.
LONG LIVE ROIBOS AND INSULIN SYRINGES!!!
Willow
What you aren't suppossed to do is cut and paste whole articles in a thread, that is copyright infringement I think. A link to a site is fine.
I've been using the redipen for 40 weeks - I've had a couple of them jam up or give me some grief but all in all they work fine (after you realize that the big drop on the end is NORMAL and you didn't waste the shot that is).

I ALWAYS order mine IN ADVANCE so I have an extra week in the fridge at least just in case something happens.  It's better to be safe than sorry.  In life - things break and malfunction not much you can do about that.

If you are unhappy I am sure the doctor can aprescribe regular old syringes for you.

OhGreat
I've never heard of anyone having a professional do the shots for them except for the first time while you are learning.  They make us do it ourseles because honestly it is very simple...and once you've done it once or twice it's not big deal.  I am sure that they don't want to waste doctors time (or NP) on something so easy.  Plus - I really believe it was a good way to get over my fear so that when I did need Epogen etc. I could give myself a syringe with no problem. The redipen turned out to be like a beginners lesson sort of for me :)