Hepatitis C Community
reiters syndrome

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

reiters syndrome

Can anyone help me understand reiters syndrome.  What is it and how do you get it.  thanks for your help.
You would be in the wrong forum Mazeyrae...

But here ---- A link that might be able to assist you:

http://www.arthritis.ca/types%20of%20arthritis/reiters%20syndrome/default.asp?mode=static

Are you asking about  reactive athritis and it's relation to hep C? Here's another link:
http://www.drmirkin.com/joints/J159.htm
Meki your link was very informative. I also saw some links that were about hep b immunization and reactive athritis. One explanation of Reiters said it had been renamed reactive arthritis as Dr Reiter was unpopular due to his ties with Hitler.
Bug
Interesting bug - never even noticed that. I do love history. Things like that are way cool. But I think... Even though Hitler was a very very very VERY evil EVIL Icky man... without his cruel methods and sadistic medical treatments --- we would be very far behind medically from where we are now.

It's like a blessing  ---- after all the horrid things that were done --- that there is some light... medical knowledge and advancement.

I hope I wrote that properly --- I mean in NO way do I appreciate Hitler --- I just appreciate the fact that medicine has advanced... It's awful how it advanced - But I am thankful for the advancement - and often saddened when I realize how much happened in order to get it to this level.

So in a way ---- I am thankful and grateful --- in an honoring way to all of my ancestors who went through such torment. (I reveal something here... LOL I'm 1/8th Jewish - 100% pure mutt!)  

I would never have asked that of humanity - but I am grateful - that out of all that evil something beautiful for the rest of the world could be salvaged.

Meki
(I am such an optimist --- I always try to find the bright side to everything...)
I understand what you mean. It's a horrible way for medicine to have advanced, I didn't even think of it in that light until you pointed it out. But if the people who suffered at the hands of that monster save someone else by the advancement of medicine, I hope they are in a better place and know that some good came out of that horrible period.
I'm an optimist too, I can always find hope and am fufilled with awe each day as I watch how others continue to fight against overwhelming circumstances. I work in a rehab dept in long term care, and I love what I've learned from people who are in their "golden" years. It's amazing what you can learn from a 90 yr old!
Take care,
hugs,
Bug
I have heard of active arthritis being linked to viruses(ie: hep.) and bacterial infections(yersinia for one)Try looking on healthlink and type in Reiters syndrome.Hope this helps.