Hepatitis C Community
relationships :(

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

relationships :(

Being a single woman in a very committed relationship for several years now with a wonderful man I am starting to have pangs of guilt about putting him through all of this. Its difficult to go through ourselves but seeing what it does to love one's is awful. I havent even started treating yet and my mood since I was diagnoised has just been in th dumps. I cant stop talking about it, the what if's and the when this happens. *****, think it would be better to be alone and just wallow in my own misery.  Yup having a bad night. Sorry guys :( Just want it to go away. This is supposed to be the best time of my life. Great job. No kids to care for. Great man in my life and a freekin disease that the cure might kill me if the germs dont. Yup bad night. :( Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Guess I'm venting.
Hey, hey, hey now.  Don't you let that man get away if he's a good one!!!  You are going to need a friend and if he's your man too, all the better.  Let your doc know about your mood now, so you can get on something that will also help you during treatment.  Your post caught my eye because I too, feel like I have given family and friends more updates than they ever imagined.  I feel guilty but at the same time, need to talk about it.  By finding this forum, it at least gives me opportunity to 'talk' with others going through the same things (pre-treatment anxiety, fear of treatment but no patience and wanting it to begin so it can end all the sooner).  There are good people here who are not shy about sharing their bad nights, so feel free to vent.

I pray better days for you and that you are encouraged and comforted, instead of feeling overwhelmed.  And if that man is choosing to stand by you -- let him.  Best to you :)
It is only natural to be engrossed in this virus
We are dealing with a lot of different emotions and it is life changing. The mood swings is anger that we even have it. You do not want to go thru ths alone
Sounds like you haves good relationship. Life is not always smooth sailing. I agree with beeblessed do not let go of your man
Explain the mood swings and what fears you have so he will know what's ahead. Hang in there it will all work out better than you think and you will be grateful for the companionship while going thru tx. Aj
Life is what happens while we're making other plans, it is the ultimate roller coaster ride.
Try not to complicate things and trust that this is what relationships are all about, helping each other, I'm sure you would do the same, and if you stay together I'm sure you will have the opportunity.  Instead of feeling guilt try feeling gratitude.  you are lucky and so is he.
let him know that you just dont feel good and you may have to isolate yourself from time to time.  Remember there is light at the end of the tunnel.
hugs,
Mary
I admire those of you that have been diagnosed and immediately decide to treat. For me personally, that would not have been a good thing.  My liver had minimal damage so I had the option of making the decision to wait.  At the time, my father was ill with ESLD and other things were going on like it is for everyone all of the time..  But having said that , it gave me the opportunity to assimilate and adjust to the diagnosis, consider the pros and cons of treatment, learn about the disease, etc.  I know that there is a rush to start treatment especially with the new drugs but it might be a good idea to have some counseling or help from a support group before jumping in. This is only what would be best for me- not saying it is right for anyone else.  I'm glad I had the time and did not have to deal with it all within a matter of a few weeks or months- it seems like too much too fast.   Also, I am single and living alone so I don't have a lot of the same things to worry about as you..
Hey guys thanks for all the support, not sure what hit me last night, think it was a bus. Everything came crashing in all at one time. Think I hit the wall as the saying goes. I'm sure I will have more of those and it sure is nice to have a place to vent. Thanks again for jumping in. Sandy. Going to go and TRY to enjoy this Sunday. You all hopefully also do the same.