Hepatitis C Community
remedies for itching???

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

remedies for itching???

I'm really itchy all over! I've taken a benadryl but its not really helping.. Any suggestions?? Does anyone else have this problem??
Hi Missy!

Are you treating yet? If so......

For my body I have used Gold Bond Triple therapy cream and it has helped. On my scalp I use coconut oil applied with an eye dropper a few hours prior to washing.
Are you using lotion?  I use Aveeno with natural colloidal oatmeal.  Others use Gold Bond triple therapy.  Either helps a lot.  You have to put it on two or three times a day and keep it up even if the itching goes away.  This tx is very hard on skin.  And you should be drinking lots of water.  I always have a bottle of water to sip on.  

The benadryl helps me at night to get to sleep and it may control some of the itching, but it won't work alone.  

Nioxin cleanser and scalp therapy helps if the itching is on your scalp.  It's expensive, but worth it.  I found it on Amazon.com.  

I had one rash that started up the back of my neck and went into my hair that nothing seemed to help, so I had to get a prescription of Fluocinonide.  It burned liked crazy when I first put it on, but the rash was under control in a week.

I hope this helps.  

Carol
my itching is not from rash, just seems to be dry skin exacerbated by meds. i got a humidifier for bedroom. for skin i mix bag balm and tea tree oil and rub it in. at night if real bad i add a tad of hydrocortisone gel. works so far...best, babs
oh yes...scalp i mix tea trea oil and conditioner and leave in for a few hours.
Thank guys!! Needed some ideas cause the benadryl isn't working!! I just took my 1st shot 2 days ago didn't think it would make me be so itchy so quick...
I had a terrible rash on tx. and the only thing that helped was Gold Bond cream and get a script for Atarax for at night. Worked for me. Benadryl didn't help at all. Had the rash on my chest and legs mostly. It was a nightmare. Worse part of tx. for me. Good luck!!
Lots of moisturizer and keep yourself hydrated. A lot of the itching is usually due to dryness. I found that the ultra rich balm from Biotherm did wonders for my dry skin. My legs were itching so bad that it drove me nuts (strangely that was right after finishing tx). The lotion eased the itch within 2 minutes.