Hepatitis C Community
riba eyes

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

riba eyes

my eye lids are sore/burn it is bizarre only thing works is a cold damp compress but cant do thatall the time what else can i do ??

i solved the hair loss problem i just stopped washing my hair

ha ha
You might want to go to the pharmacy and pick up some burn gel there.  I worked in the restaurant industry for years and was always getting burned.  Only thing that seemed to help.  Just be careful as to not get it in your eyes.  Or maybe some aloe vera for sunburns.  I think they may make that for children too so maybe it won't burn if it gets into your eyes.

have a great day!
Jules
Hi PJ.  Try these things to see if they will help:

1.  Sunscreen directly on your eyelids during the day
2.  Aquaphor or a good night cream at night
3.  Wear a hat, if need be
4.  Make sure to drink plenty of water (as it could be a sign of dehydration)
5.  Try steam from a cup of coffee or tea
How about some cuke slices & a rest period........Also wet tea bags works on weld flashes, I bet the tannic acid helps that too.
Ouuu!  I like your suggestions!  Cucumber slices like at the spa.  Good suggestions.
I have this issue too. It's not really a burn but a rash from the tx. I use a papaya ointment on it and it works well.
thanks everyone very much... going to try the aloe gel also the cucumbers tonite eyes are extra aggravated right now since i have a head cold, itchy watery etc... contacts are out again at least now i have a decent pair of glasses LOL..  at the begin of treatment had big problems with this... this too shall pass... :)
so... did the cucumber very soothing but no long term help, using aloe and baby oil now under and around my eyes and on the eyelids.. its helping a little... the skin is actually peeling and flaking only way to describe this is like a chemical burn... if this doesnt get better in the next day or so im talking to the dr. about a dose reduction... cant stand this much more
Hello, I had very dry irritated eyes and had to use a soothing eye drop.  Sounds like everyone has given you good information.  I think the aloe would help though everyone is different.  Have you tried a hydro cortisone cream?  Just to calm it down, not to use all the time
I know what you mean, when I could no longer wear contacts I had no glasses.  Good luck to you
Dee
yes my eyes themselves are dry and irritated and sensitive to light but a few days with the contacts out helps that, its the skin around the eyes that just seems to be getting worse and worse ... i just tried the hydro cream this a.m. too to stop the itching it helped ...
also... just scratched my back the other day, i have a large red welt there now... used a hot compress on my neck the other day and noticed red burns on my neck the next day, they dont hurt but... my skin is uber sensitve to everything... its insane