My dr., reduced my riba last friday from 1000 to 600 waiting on procrit. HMG went from 10.5 to 9.6 and a week later 9.3 I have after tomorrow 5 weeks left. Called speciality pharmacy today to find out about procrit and still waiting on insurance approval?????? Serious?? Its been a week? So now my question is with only 5 weeks left and not even having the procrit yet and it takes 2 weeks to kick in whats the point? AND am I compromising svr staying on reduced riba for that long. I have been und since week 4 geno 2.
"....In the same pooled analysis of treatment-naive patients in ADVANCE and ILLUMINATE, RBV dose modifications (reductions or interruptions) were not associated with lower rates of SVR in patients who were treated with a telaprevir-based regimen. Anemia appeared to have no association with SVR rates."
60. Poordad F, Sulkowski MS, Reddy R, et al. Anemia had no effect on efficacy outcomes in treatment-naive patients who received telaprevir-based regimens in the ADVANCE and ILLUMINATE phase 3 studies. Program and abstracts of the Digestive Disease Week; May 7-10, 2011; Chicago, Illinois. Abstract 626.
You might want to follow up with your insurance company, sometimes things get lost in the maze...I had to make quite a few calls to get my peg approved...my doc said they sent in the request, the insurance said they didn't get it, then the wrong thing got approve and so on and so on...
really anxious to get blood results from yesterday after being reduced since friday. Two callls into md today and getting ready for three! Feelilng much better so I know it had to have gone up. I actually went shopping the other day. Amazing, I havent left the couch in a week. Your right Will almost done!!! :) :) :)
with 5 weeks left i wouldn't start procrit...reduce the riba and take it easy...if you don't do much you should be ok with hgb around 8 to 9 for a few weeks...mine still isn't all the way back 10 weeks post tx...at 13 was 15 before tx...good luck...billy
I also have five weeks left and the last two blood draws showed hgb 9.2, wbc1.2 and neutrophil .5. They reduced RIBA 1000 to 800 and hgb has stayed the same but I swear I feel so much better! My point is this late in the game they have me still draw blood weekly in hopes of not adding helper drugs. I have remained stable at 9.2 for sometime now, when I am done and it gets back up above ten I am going to dance! Enjoy the 10.2
three shots left!!!!!!!!!! I am doing weekly draws because of my hmg, still reduced and feel "ok" not great . Week 20 vl done last wednesday so this week I get that result and with the grace of god still und and then one more. Until I start the march of looking over my shoulder for 6 months making sure it isnt creeping back up on me. Good luck to you Brianmo and hope the next 5 sail by........ :) LOL at dancing, too funny I love to dance and went out to dinner last night with my daughter and my grandson he's four and he asked me to dance. LOL too darn cute!!!
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.