Hepatitis C Community
side effects

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

side effects

None to speak of, thank God! I don't feel like there are any meds going through me,,thank God.

This is great so far. The tiny bit of woozy feeling I felt originally, which WAS TINY TINY TINY BIT, nothing scary or anything, is gone and it feels like I am not on tx. I did get a headache 4 hours after the shot and chills, felt like flu,,,,but to those that are planning on tx,,,,,don't even worry about that 'flu feeling' that is mentioned by those treating,,,its nothing that you have never felt before.

I haven't had the flu since i was a child and so when i felt it comming on,,,I turned it to actually think of good memories,,,,I hated school as a child and when i got the flu,,i would be in bed all day with my mother giving me soup and liquids and such. Hard to explain, but I let my imagination take me back to that time and I had a 'safe feeling,' Not to sound 'new age,' which i am not, but just wanted you to know that I just rode the wave, knowing it was going to eventually go away and it did.

The reason I am saying all this is because alot of times we hear how scary treatment is and thus far,,,its a piece of cake,,I am telling those that are afraid,,NOT TO FEAR. Yes sometimes people may have a harder time than others, but sometimes we don't get enough of posts of the positive. We only post when things go wrong sometimes.
Of course I know I have a only been on tx for 4 days, but I AM TELLING YOU, IF I DIDN'T SEE MYSELF TAKE THE INJECTION AND MEDS, I WOUDLN'T EVEN KNOW THEY ARE IN MY BODY.

I hope this helps those who may be fearful. Best wishes to you all.
My you did well.  I shiverd so much and felt so rotten that since I have been taking Tylenol.  Now for the most part it does not phase me at all.  Glad you got one under your belt now.  I think right before you do the first one is the hardest one of all.   Just even giving myself the shot was a major deal.
thanks elaine and pdilly.
pdilly,,i know what ya mean about the shivers and stuff, headache to go along with it,,but nothing that we have never felt before in life,,,. I'm glad you're doing fine now.
I guess in time with the riba build up, things may get a little different, but who knows?
That whole thing with the anemia may be a good sign will have me wondering, if I don't get anemic. But it depends I guess, I look at it this way,,if anemia was a sign of svr, everyone who became anemic should have svr'd and unfortunately we haven't always seen that.So who knows,,all i know is I will try my best to NOT get anemic by taking extra B vitamins.

But if the anemia comes, I will be sure to post that too and get opinions and personal experiences to help me out.

thanks again!
so glad to hear the good news!!! this gives me a feeling of hope since i'll be starting in a few days. i was worried when i did not see your name posted anywhere recently, i thought the worst. i'll say a prayer for you, and others and i hope you stay feeling good! aquarius
hi bowdeen,
i hope you check in and see this post. i saw a post buried under that you were going to start treatment. it was way down there, so nobody probably saw it,,,,i didn't check again, maybe you did receive an answer,,,but if not,,,you said you were starting tx?
how are you doing? If you see this post, please tell us who you are,,several of us are just beginning treatment also, so there is no need for you to feel alone.

I haven't looked through all the posts yet, so if you have an open thread and answeres already,,,i hope you don't think i'm nuts or blind,,i didn't go through any yet,,,,but if didn't connect yet and you are out there,,let us know. hope you are doing well.
I have to agree with Jim about the anemia, it takes a while for it to kick in and when it does (if it does) you will feel differently. I have not had the anemia yet (week 13) and I suspect that is why I have not had such a hard time. Lets hope it stays the same for you every week, but I must say some weeks are better than others. Take care!
"But I do take issue that this discussion group mostly represents those who have had side effects on the more severe side"

hi Jim,
this place IS a life line to me,,,BUT I was 'trying' to point out that we do not have enough posts from people when things are going good. They are important also. That's part of the reason so may people fear treatment,I believe.Thats why I wanted to make sure i posted that my start was fine, 'for the ones waiting to tx.'

Are the sx real that some experience,,of course. Is it good that people post these sx?,,,of course... I'm glad I knew about the shivers and headache. I wasn't told that at the doctors office, but I know about it from here, thank God,,or else I would have thought something was wrong and I was having an adverse experience.

Are the post tx sx important to post?,,,,yes of course,,,but the people that sail through should also post a little more. Rocker the only one who sailed through? I don't know, maybe he was. But anyhow, I'm aware and agree with you, this is only my 4th day and who knows what i have waitng for me,,BUT, I wanted those who haven't treated to know that the shivers and all that are not that bad and yes i did shiver,,but no biggy.

New subject. you mentioned in the other post,no fiber within 3 hours of riba,,,do you feel the psyllium is safe though when enough time in between. I still have the problem with going regularly and this may be crazy, but i was worried that the psyllium would soak up the riba off my intestine walls if any makes it there,or is it totally in the blood stream by then? Of course, nothing scientific, just a crazy thought, but maybe not, who knows,,then again,,not going regularly isn't good either for tx. any thoughts? Took some probiotics, that helped yesterday. I usually do take them and I would imagine that they are ok on tx? They are very good for the immune system.

So thats the story,,hopefully i will sail through,,but who knows?? I am just taking it one day at a time.

thanks for your input as always
From Metamucil.com and same should apply to psyillum, the active ingredient in Metamucil.

"Are there any drug interactions or restrictions with Metamucil?

Laxatives, including bulk fibers, may affect how well other medications work. If you are taking a prescription medication by mouth, take Metamucil at least two hours before or two hours after the prescribed medicine.

http://www.metamucil.com/drmetamucil/faqs/index.shtml#faq7
------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that it's good for people to share whatever tx experience they have be it positive or negative. As to Rocker with almost zero side effects, I imagine he is quite the exception to the any of the rules and btw miss his input very much here. Anyone remmber the web site he said he was going to post at?

As to the "chills, shivers, etc", I think there's a misconception from reading here that shot night is the big bugaboo. While I'm sure it is with some, personally I never needed to take Tylenol or any other meds on shot night and in fact my side effects were generally the mildest for the first four days after the shot and the most difficult days five and six. Of course, everyone is different -- as every week is different, and the type of Peg you're taking may also be a factor. I was taking Pegasys.

All the best,

-- Jim
thanks jim

rocker is over the ronmetcalfe. I joined it to say hi to him and then never posted for some reason. I think I was afraid of getting addicted to another site,(forums are like potatoe chips) but yes I miss Rocker, I wish he would check in here and let us know how he is. He should be finished with tx I would imagine by now.

oh and btw,,,maybe you would have sailed through tx if you didn't do your own 'swedish at home study course.' lol,,right???ha!
I just finish 48/48 stayed about 80% all the way through TX. Never got a fever,chills, Have not missed one day of work 50HRS week.No rescue drugs. You do here alot of horror stories.I thank god I made it.I hope TX goes easy for you.Have a nice day
LOL. Certainly my three weeks of anemic hell may have been kinder on a lower dose of riba, but on the other hand I did get non-detectible at week 6 -- again, few "sail" through treatment, regardles of riba dose,  but let's hope you're one of the lucky ones. As to many of my sides, including post treatment issues, I attribute them primarily to the peg, not the ribavirin, but I've already spoken about that ad nauseum. There is a reason why doctors advise patients to weigh the pro's and con's of treating HCV. If treatment had no con's, then there would be nothing to
weigh, eh :)

All the best,

-- Jim
I hate to be the spoiler. I'm on shot 5 and the aches and pains are so minor as to be nothing. But I am having problems with food. I can't figure out if I'm hungry or nauseas and I see foods I can't eat and I start crying. My husband made me shrimp over rice and after eating some, it all looked like maggots. I love food! This is driving me nuts! I think I'd kill for a good pizza!
Altered taste and food attitudes -- and I mean really weird alterations -- are often reported by those treating. For much of treatment I could only stomach a narrow range of foods that had no similarity to what I ate pre-treatment. Important to address this early-on and experiement with different foods so that you will not lose too much weight, and also so that you have enough food and fat in your stomach when you take your ribavirn. I ate a lot of poached eggs on white toast, applesauce, oatmeal and other comfort foods for awhile. Others report success with different foods. With me, a lot of it was mental and I could not simply "sit down" and eat what was placed in front of me. What I did sometimes was meditate -- often for 30-60 minutes -- on different types of foods until something popped into my mind that motivated me to eat. Occasionally, it might be a TV commercial. One night, having trouble getting in the mood to eat, I saw a commerical for "Red Lobster" or some other Lobster restaurant and ended up calling out for a Lobster dinner :) That got me though that meal. Others report success with protein shakes, fruit and the like. I definitely could have had fruit and protein shakes but had to avoid them because of the reflux. The eating game can be very difficult for some while others seem to have good appetitite and are able to tolerate everything. It's now 9 months post treatment for me and my appetitite and taste sensations are 100% back to what they were before I started treating. It all started coming together in that regard about 3 months post treatment.

All the best,

-- Jim
ya know what?? i often thought about that,,,as far as you getting svr,,,though you are a dare devil to take all that riba,,,who knows if that is what DID cause you to svr?? so i'm happy you walked the edge,,if that is what gave you svr,,but you are one gutsy guy,,,don't think i would have done it,,no let me re-phrase that,,i'd be too chicken to do it. Soooooo happppy that it paid off for you!!!!!!!
so glad to hear those encouraging words. Can I rub your head for luck? ha!
I sure hope I sail through like you! hope we all do!

I pray that you svr for life!! Thanks for sharing your good news with us!
"My husband made me shrimp over rice and after eating some, it all looked like maggots"

lol haha!! thats funny! so you wasted that delicious meal? I would have stopped by, love shrimp.Sounds like you have your husband trained well too. ha! I love men that like to cook once in a while,,,and my husband can cook,,boy he's good. I like his cooking better than mine.

Looking back, I don't think I needed all that riba. I say that because I had very close to a two-log drop at week 1 on a normal riba dose (1200 mg/day), but the results of that VL test were not available to me for another 10 days and in the interim I decided to high-dose. On top of that my little high-dose experiment caused me to stop taking riba for close to a week very early-on in tx which is not ideal by any account, although to parpharase my NP, I had so much riba in my system by then that I didn't need a refill for some time ! I do not regret what I did given that I wanted to improve on my pre-tx SVR estimations of around 40% based on genotype, age and histology. Of course I would have done my little riba experiment a little differently, but all really had at that point was a newly published paper from Sweeden and a doctor who allowed me to experiment.

-- Jim
i'm enjoying the honeymoon and focusing on that only,ya know what i mean??,,,don't want to become overwhelmed with what if's,,,i just left all that. The waiting game was worse than anything thus far. hopefully i will not have difficulty, but if i do, at least i know all you guys have lots of advice that can help pull me through.
so then, the interferon is at its height now, so that seems fine,,the riba, yes is scary, but I can't look ahead,,,i am trying to get away from that... I've been doing that my entire life with everything and worried most times for nothing, ya know what i mean,,,theres alot of people that do that, but its always been a fine art with me and i am trying to live in the here and now. Jesus said, 'take no thought for tommorrow, for tommorow will take care of itself.' for some reason, i have always struggled with that.
thanks scott,
see ya later.
MO: Jesus said, 'take no thought for tommorrow, for tommorow will take care of itself.'
-----------------
Absolutely, no disrespect, but I doubt if he was ever on combo treatment :)
yes he was,,,read isiah 53,,,,,he carried it all,,,every pain every sickness,,,,

He hung on a cross,, I would rather do tx anyday..
Scott is right, the first few weeks are a honeymoon.  My husband and I were able to maintain our long weekend walks for the first couple of weeks of his treatment and he really didn't feel all that badly until about three weeks into it when the anemia hit him hard.  I think there is such a buildup of fear over the 1st shot and how those side effects are just going to kick your butt and then you'll be down for the count for the rest of your treatment.  Even though the first shot can produce the most side effects I think every shot thereafter are the ones that really start to drag you down.  Of course, the Riba has a BIG BIG part in that too.  

My hat is off to each and every one of you who has gone through this.  You are all amazing people.

I fear treatment because I have tried once.......it would be very not-grown up of me to sugar coat anything for the sake of anyone here who has not treated.  In fact, it would have done me some good to have heard more descriptive, truthful commentary about IFN...other than what Schering Plough wanted me to know.

Hmmm....a 6 month root canal or IFN?  Hmmmm.......honeymooning with "snakes on crack" or IFN?  Hmmm........wow, give me a minute to think about it.  

EXCUSE ME, I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT.  SOC tx suxes.  Hep C suxes too, but in the moment, IFN and riba suxes...at a 40% cure rate.  Best have all the info you can and a few, twisted, bitter perspectives along with it....the pharma's won't tell you...that's for dang sure.

Okay, so I bet I'm in trouble now.  SOC still suxes.

Willow
I had to laugh just a little bit, ha, not hahaha, at the phrase anemia may be a good sign. I don't it has anything to do with your chance of SVR. I had anemia the last three months of tx and it did not help me. I took aranesp injections once aweek during that period and it helped with the sx associated with anemia. So I would not wonder at all about how well you are fighting the virus if you don't experience anemia. As a matter of fact don't (try) not to think about it at all. Cross that bridge if it comes. Feel good about your lack of sx's to this point and savor your good fortune to this point. I am glad you are doing so well!
aquaris,,,don't sweat it AT ALL!! In a way, i can see why the doctors and nurses tell us to stay off the forums.
I am SO GLAD I FOUND THIS FORUM,,but it is true,,many of the old timers here said "don't listen to just what you read,,alot of people post only when they are having a hard time and when everything is good, they dont think to post".

But even with the chills and headache,,,,no biggy,,yes my head ached,,,,but i know people who get migranes (migraines) there whole lives and that is what i would call suffering, not this. I just kept   an ice pack on my head and said, 'this too shall pass.'

i can't wait until the second shot because i am in such shock that i didn't feel it, that I can't wait to check it out again.

for a short few years of my early life, I became addicted to alcohol through going to happy hours with my friends. I have a very addictive personality, so I developed a habit early on....NOW THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL A HEADACHE...the hang over the next day...this wasn't no where as bad,,,,it hurt, but no big deal.You can do it!And yes I shivered some as with flu, but no biggy, I expected it, so I didn't worry.

But i am so serious,,,I am sitting here saying to myself,,hope there was nothing wrong with my meds,,,how come i feel like nothing is in me.....WELL aren't we all praying for one another? We are praying for little to no sx and we are receiving just that, so praise the Lord...but lets keep praying,,can't let our guard down.

So aquaris,,don't worry. I'll keep posting how I feel as time goes on. I know I always looked for the new treaters posts so i could feel better about the unknown i was facing, so I will make sure I let you and others know. so don't worry, YOU WILL BE FINE!
Thanks imagine. lol but ya know what i mean?? i've read on site a few times about the anemia being a good sign possibly,,but then again as mentioned, some on forum haven't cleared even with the anemia, so I hope i don't get it.

I feel like i can jump off a mountain right now and not get hurt.lol I just so thrilllllllled that I feel normal,,,the jumpn' off the mountain don't sound normal ha! only kidding about that,,,but ya know what i mean,,,,i had so many bumps in the road that kept me from starting tx,,so now I am so happy to be on it that i think the waiting, though stressful at the time has now actually helped my mental attitude towards tx.

Thanks for your encouragement and I wish you the best!

Glad this was easy for you. And you are right alot of people that feel fine on tx are not here posting that. I have had sx on tx but nothing compared to what I thought it would be.
I think the fear before hand is worse. Glad you started and SVR to all of us!
thanks for giving me hope. i have been feeling like i'm going to die. i know all too well about an addictive personlality. did IV drugs a few times in my teens and was a heroin addict for 3yrs in my 30's. alcohol was always there. clean for almost 5 yrs now. i am an lpn(nurse) but a stay at home mom now. i shouldn't be scared, having used needles on myself and on patients. and i've seen patients die from esld that kept on drinking right up until hospitalization. this whole thing is scary, but you have given me some hope. i may be a lucky one too. i think you'll do fine. keep in touch! aquarius
APK: Just recently a regular posted here took violent exception at my 'positive, cheer-leading' attitude.
--------------------------------------
I thought the problem was with the uniform and pom poms :) Seriously, I hope that has been resolved to everyone's satisfaction because if VX wanted to know what was going on here all they have to do is log on and read the posts, they don't need any spys :) Without going into details, your posts and MyOwn's were quite different so I don't see any parallels in that regard. A number of  people have posted about negligible side effects without debate. Nuff said.

Lady, girl Willows. Thanks for the nice words. Maybe it was the "Joe" comment or perhaps because your take on treatment is so close to mine :)

-- Jim
Hi Cindy,,glad you have been having an easy time too. Its hard to read all the scary stuff for so many months and then expect people NOT to be afraid. Its good that people do post  the scary stuff too though because the remedy usually gets posted shortly after that as they find themselves feeling better. So yes its good that we know some of the possiblilites that MAY happen,,but when we read about sx,,,we think we are going to get EVERY SINGLE SX of EVERY PERSON ON FORUM.. you think you will be ONE BIG WALKIN'-TALKIN' SX...lol

but glad to hear you're doing good too,,and yes i pray we ALL SVR. IF we all continue to pray for the forum daily, it will happen.
Glad so far so good! Yes, treatment affects everyone differently, with some many variables such as sex, age, pre-tx health and hgb levels, drug doses, etc and etc. But I do take issue that this discussion group mostly represents those who have had side effects on the more severe side. Of course, there's no scientific way of telling, but studies do suggest certain drop out rates, sfx and anemic conditions on tx independently of web access. Not to mention the number of folks here reporting post treatment side effects at a time when they are off treatment. Also, while some may not post because treatment is going well, others have noted that they stopped posting because they were too sick to.

As to anemia, it's a very common side effect and some studies suggest it shows that the ribavirin is being well absorbed, although nothing definitive. In any event, I doubt if anyone would be anemic at day 4, in fact at day 4 I did a hard 40 minutes on a treadmill and was laughing treatment off and then, oh well :)

Certainly, don't want to rain on anyone's parade, just always good to hope for the best but be prepared for whatever comes down the road, and want to differentiate for others that an experience 4 days after treating is not what some of us oldtimers talk about when we talk about the rough ride.

Hope you saw my riba tips on the last thread you opened and may your ride be as good in the future as it is so far. There definitely are many who sail through treatment relatively treatment free but I would not call it a majority, nor would my hepatologist who has treated many when we had this same discussion.

All the best,

-- Jim
thanks bug,,,glad you understood what i meant about mom's and flu...and,,, yes the SALTY -high blood pressure inducing delicious Lipton soup lol,,,loved it,,campbells too. Now I wouldn't touch the stuff. when you can't pronounce the ingredients,,its usually a good sign not to eat it,,but back then our moms even gave us money for lic-o-maid and those wax lips that we would wear and then EAT. lol
willows,please also not just you,,but anyone else that interpreted my post as saying people should 'sugar coat," to that i say,,READ WHAT I SAID,,,OR ELSE JUST GIVE ME A BREAK,,some people see what they want to see and pick out certain lines within reading in entirety. lighten up everyone,,,now i can use the riba rage excuse if i want to
'without' reading
Looks to me like Willow's post was not in reference to you, nor was it addressed to you, nor did it interpret what you said.  Maybe you're having the vision problems associated with treatment...
oh my,,, the school bell for Berkley must have just rang...don't you have anything better to do than wait around in the weeds to jump out and TRY to attack me??? Isn't the ACLU maybe looking for someone to hire? oh thats right Christmas is over, no Nativity scenes to try to pull down.

YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!! Jesus loves you and so do I.
Wow, I was not trashing anything you said, honest.  I always get this sad place somewhere in my heart of hearts for folks who post here, on tx, going thru the myriad of crud that tx can bring.  For you to celebrate, yes, celebrate your beginning of tx and to be feeling okay is exactly what you should be doing!  

I think sometimes I can be bitter, I like to think of it as bittersweet, about treatment and maybe I put too much salt in the soup.  You are exactly right about not enough good news or good posts about treatment, for me, I guess I have become cynical about treatment.  But my comment was not meant for you at all, just a sad statement about the loss of my own innocence.

I always wish I could post pictures here, for every new person I meet with Hep C on treatment, it would be a picture of some sort of respect, acknowledging the difficult thing you are doing.  Having Hep C has made me more aware..."long live the fighters".....I guess sometimes the battle can get to us all.  That said, I will never succumb to being a victim...keeping my perspective just gets hard sometimes.  But I keep up the good fight every day.  You do the same, it will serve you well!

Willow

Why is it when your cup gets bumped, bigotry and sarcasm spill out rather than love and compassion?
Some of the funniest things I have read here came from you when you disagreed.  Your comment about the "honeymoon" phase is still going thru my head, I gotta go back to the doc soon and make some sort of rational decision about what to do next....thinking of doing IFN again seems a bit easier when I wrap my scared head around the first few weeks being a honeymoon!  Maybe I'll save my pennies and do my first shot (if that's what the doc decides) in some heart shaped bed on the Oregon Coast or maybe San Diego.  You know, some sun for the ole belly to help me find the perfect spot for the shot.

Jeez us, can you believe I am trying to be funny about something like taking on a second round of the first shot of INF?  

Willow

P.S.  And the riba?  Someone should write a monologue about riba rage, that would make me laugh.  I think.
Okay, so I bet I'm in trouble now. SOC still suxes.

willows no problem, if you had trouble with tx,my heart goes out to you, but your line above is what made me think you were directing it to me.

I don't feel like taking the time and trouble to pull out all the lines i wrote in the above posts none of which says that people should NOT post sx. all I said is that not enough people post when things are okay AND 'that' has been said several times by people who are on this forum in the past.

but ya know what?? and this has nothing to do with you,,,I will not post any 'good' news here anymore. I will only ask questions when things are not going well. If anyone can take the time to read my posts and actually tell me that I  said people shouldn't be posting sx,,,all i can say is I'm glad they aren't my attorney reading over something for me.

but again, i am sorry that you had a hard time on tx and i hope things get better for you.

its people such as Socal who never contribute anything to the forum,,except to tell a mother that she thinks it was wrong of the mother to not allow her son to go live with his father who was dying of ESLD. I think the mother would know whats best and lets face it,,west coast childrearing isn't everyone's formula.

have a good evening.
you crack me up,,,wish we could go to starbucks and hang out,,,it would be so much fun
When I learned I had Hep C, I also learned the meaning of having "grace."  So, yes, when I typed that line, it was in defense of my own cynicysm about your comments...not enough good posts on the board.  You are right.

But for me to feel like "I was in trouble now" was not to refute what you said, please do not stop posting ANYTHING you feel, but it was a sad comment on my part that I could not find anything positive about treatment.  I should have added........except for those brave souls who endure and achieve SVR.  That goal makes my stupid comments trivial.  

But I think your wondering about why there is not much good being written here is just symptomatic of WHY we are here.  Most of us are really sick and then the great healers tell us that the cure is as hard as the illness.  Keep posting, to be misunderstood and misquoted here is like a badge of honor for all of us.....brain-fogged, drugged people are reading our posts and reacting, sometimes in a good way.  Sometimes we help.  You can help too, just keep posting.  And fighting.

Willow

WOW, I never knew a "good so far after first shot" post would draw such a conversation. I will stick with my earlier comment. Savor the feeling you are having to this point Myown. Worry bout tomorrow tomorrow.
I must have missed it so perhaps you could point out the bigotry you are refering to?
You write:

You love to twist people's words...I suggested that the mother might want to consider allowing her son to live with the father as a way to honor the son's concern and compassion for his dad, but only if the boy had a good support system.  Why would such a perspective be offensive to you?  I never said her decision was "wrong".  And furthermore, I've made many more posts than that one, in which I hoped to inform, reassure, or assist other posters.  I don't know how you missed them unless you are cherrypicking my posts to find those that reinforce your negative opinion of me.

You're the funny one: always imagining a speck in another's eye while failing to see the log in your own...

what have got myself into joining this forum??? joke, haha
Maybe you're having the vision problems associated with treatment...

isn't that nice of you to say something like that who just started treatment.. now I'll give it to you straight, sweet heart...YOU NEED JESUS. period

but i see that you ARE reading the word and quoting,,,well i am praying for you.

I hope you answered Grandoak's question by the time I hit the post,,,I am curious myself about what he asked,,but I know you all too well by now,,even though you only peek out from the weeds on occasion, i still know 'your type.'

and as far as the mother with the teenager having to take care of his father who has hep c,,,,,oh thats right,,you're in that group who believes transmission is SO SO difficult and also,,,you don't think the image he would have seared into his mind of remembrance of his dad would hurt? Pleeeeze,

but one thing,,,you do make for good entertainment on a Sunday night,,,i bet everyone is missing there favorite tv show right now.... you're statement to me about my vision possibly being effected showed your true colors. I don't think there is anyone on forum who would stoop that low with a remark like that to someone who just started treatment. Its just too bad that people are afraid to stand up to bad though.

She associates me with a group she hates (the ACLU) and tries to discredit me by implying that I am a member of that group.  All because I once pointed out that if her child contracted HCV, the ACLU would defend her child's right to remain in school if the school tried to expel him.  

You may want to argue that that's not bigotry, but I will have to say that MyOwn's contempt for me ( e.g., she says I've never contributed anything worthwhile to this forum) and her sarcasm are not Christianity...

WOW, I never knew a "good so far after first shot" post would draw such a conversation.
---------------------------------------------------------------
for those who have spiritual eyes, 'they' see whats or who is behind this,,,you are right this is NOT a post that should have drawn such a conversation. but as i said,,I won't try to encourage anymore.I didn't realize it would cause such a problem, but then again maybe i should have.

I know how fear can cripple someone and just wanted to encourage, but thats okay, no more. But thanks Imagine for your encouragement.
Oh my gawd, how did this happen? Last time I was here I was whining about food and now you guys are talking about beleifs! Who Wuddda believed it! STOP RIGHT NOW, or I will sick Buddha on both of you.
   Honestly we are all either testy from tx or Hep C and I think its best to avoid certain subjects on this forum.
lol,,,sick Buddha on us. Ha! thats funny! i have budhists in my family,,we have great converstions over coffee,,bet you can imagine. haha
I was going to say the Dalai Lama but somehow Buddha seemed less personal.  He is above it all, y'know!
Do you truly believe that once someone has accepted Christ as their Lord and Saviour that they will only lead a perfected life?

Not even the author of most of the New Testament would lay any such claim to perfection.  In his own words:

"Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.  I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward."

It is also interesting to note that if one closely inspects the hand they are using to point at another they will find three fingers pointing back to themself.

If one finds solace, comfort, and support in their faith, is prohibiting them from freely speaking a disenfranchisement of their rights?
I remember when that whole thing came up with the Mom, the son, the dad and ESLD. I kept my opinion to myself then as I will do now. This forum is not the place to vent at each other for opinions. NOT that I'm perfect , I'm certainly guilty of many passionate posts, but our arguing brings everyone down.
Myown, I think it's important to be positive and try to show others that this is nothing to fear, BUT, I am guilty of not c/oing enough when I feel like dirt, this low hgb and shot weekend have been rough. Started with the itching too.
Willows: Your tone comes across refective as always. I  mean that in a good way. Your name fits your personality. Just my perception.
wow - well, was reading along and was so happy for Myown and was getting into what everyone was saying and all the nice comments and what Willow said (well said - I agreed - didn't see anything uh... bad or... directed at anyone), and .... well I kept reading and ....now I don't know what to say.  Been sitting here silent not knowing what to say; kind of hard to just bypass it all and not say something.  Just wishing everyone well - all of us.
Well said. Again, their are risks and rewards of treatment that each of us must weigh with our doctors. If there weren't any risks, then everyone would treat. Treatment took away two years of my life and who knows what effect it is going to have on my health long term. Sometimes I even wonder if my projected longer life expectancy because of the probability of better liver histology will be counter balanced by the effect Interferon may have on accelerating the aging process -- just thoughts, nothing scientific here.  

MyOwn,

I don't think Willows post was directed at you, just expressing his treatment experience and that of others.

O.K. I thought of Willows as a girl. Perception off or do you use the male gender interchangeably, Jim?
Lady: Perception off or do you use the male gender interchangeably, Jim?
-----------------------------
Well, hopefully I don't "use the male gender interchangeably" LOL.
Actually, don't know if Willows is male or female, and not sure why I put "he" in the post other than I'm a bit tired tonight after a hard swim in the pool.

-- Jim
You've got yourself a party started here! Must admit to a little grin when it started to go sideways. I've been posting on my experiences through the VX trial, including very manageable sides for the most part [aside from a couple of rough patches]. Also posted my VL results and treatment group [24 weeks] when finally unblinded at week 20.

Just recently a regular posted here took violent exception at my 'positive, cheer-leading' attitude. Even scarier, he bragged that he and others had been comparing my posts over time, and had found inconsistencies that apparently proved that I was 'fishy'. To top it off, he flat out accused me of being a spy for the drug company!!

Sometimes it can get a little silly. Its understandable that all of us can over react sometimes. When it turns into a conspiracy theory, its gone waaay too far.

Peace out, all!
Watchout, the black helio's have silent running these days.
I know exactly why you thought I was a guy....I wrote a post earlier and used the words..."a regular joe like me".  When I reread it, I felt uncomfortable about using the wrong gender too.  Girl here, old one, but still girl.  May I take just a moment to tell you that I have always found your posting to be balanced and interesting...so you can call me whatever you like.  

To those of you following this meandering thread, please stay and come back too.  We bicker here, just like my family, but, just like my family, everyone truly has the best interest of each other at heart.  And as a sort-of new person myself....girl-person.....this place has been the one and ONLY place in my life where I can read and converse with folks who understand all the tribulations that Hep C has given us.  

I would lose my noodle if this board went away.  And I don't even have to post much, it is good therapy just to read everyone's words.  

jmjm, girl here.  Cute girl.  Old girl.  Gramma girl.  Still cute.

willow

I can so identify with how you feel. I think the best side effect of starting tx is that feeling of relief. I felt better just knowing the starting part was behind me. I felt like my out of control life was calming down. As far as flu-like symptoms, you're right....I always kind of enjoyed the rest and excuse to lie quietly when I had the flu, especially the lipton noodle soup my mom would make me.
Take care, it's do-able, some days are worse that others but your positive attitude is going to carry you thru the bad days.
Bug
Different sides come and go all during treatment.  It's impossible to predict what if any and when they will hit. One day your great the next week you're not.

I had no hard core sides until the anemia and that seemed to set everything off for me tumbling down.

But...now that I'm almost done (week 68) I can tell you it IS doable.
It's a GOOD THING not having any! Dont let anyone ever convince you of anything other than that!
You lost me there GO. Mike
It was in response APK's reference to being a spy and the the "seeing black helicoptors" jab often associated with those who are conspiracy theory fanatics.
Okay, I sort of understand, but this whole thread seemed a bit strange to me. Mike
I hear you, but perhaps that's because we no longer are treating and the fog is lifting from us ;-)
I never got that....or maybe I just didn't notice it. Mike
LOL Well now that we have established that Willows is female! ha  I also didn't get anything by willows comment when the thread started to go haywire.  Just her own perception of her tx and venting about it.  Myown,,,you are doing good to have no sides!!!  I hope it continues through your whole tx! Wouldn't that be great!  Thats all you can do,,,one day at a time will get you to the end.  To look at the whole picture is just overwhelming!  And you need to continue to post about your sides or no sides!  People need to hear that it can go either way. That tx isn't all bad especially when SVR is the prize!
I for one am glad the honeymoon is over, for me the first month was the hardest!
Next thing you know she will be blaming the "Liberal Media" for influencing you LOL

I watch out for fundamentalists of any religion, they all have an axe to grind on someone else's head for their own gain.

Hope you are making it through ok and having a Happy New Year.

I was hoping this thread would end on a positive note not a negative one.
Three cheers for every single person who posted to this thread. Hip, hip, hooray!!!! Hip, hip, hooray!!!! Hip, hip, hooray!!!! Now, that's positive, isn't it?
Mike
Kalio1 writes: "I watch out for fundamentalists of any religion, they all have an axe to grind on someone else's head for their own gain."

It's good to see that she doesn't catagorize, label, belittle, or cast disparagement on others.

BTW, some see "religion" as what you practice in church, which is different than "faith" which is how you live your life.

There's a BIG difference that may not be obvious to some, but some are blind by choice.
You have to spell the next 7 letters out loud.
A- W- E-
S-O-M-E...Awesome awesome awesome are we! I even did the splits at the end of my cheer. Ouch!
Bug
You know how I feel about religion here. We have another forum where it is not at all objectionable. You mentioned in another post "Jesus, the messiah". Now, if that isn't religious then I don't know what is. Not everyone believes that Jesus was the messiah - or is the messiah. If I posted something and then said "no thanks to Jesus - the false messiah or fraudulent messiah" I think you would find it objectionable, if not at first, eventually you would, as would most people of the Christian faith. If you feel the need to preach or articulate your faith why don't you use the other forum for that type of post? I don't think it is appropriate here. I am not trying to pick a fight with you or denigrate you in any way - and I respect your faith and your belief structure. I am only trying to illustrate to you why some people are offended by religious statements - because others have completely different faiths and beliefs. Mike
I am impressed Bug! I sure hope you were able to get back up after that show of enthusiasm!!!! :)
The reference you made was taken from text quoted from a historical document.  I suppose I could have para-phrased it to avoid the objectionable portion you've identified, but I figured if I did that then I would be criticized for doing so and questioned upon whether my para-phrasing was accurate or not.

If you were to invert it as you have suggested, you are correct that I would disagree with you and find it objectionable.  But I would not deny you your right to freely state it nor, I hope, would I start start slinging mud or calling you moral and/or ethical conduct into question simply because you were not fitting some mold I have formulated.
Imagine,,"positive note," awh,,that was sooooooo cute. don't know whether you're a girl or a guy, but you're sweet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Being tolerant of someones religion allows them to profess their belief system as 'truth,'though it may not be considered truth to every ear it falls upon. God bless America!
I want to thank everyone for comming to my party,,didn't expect so many guests,,hope everyone had a good time,,please grab a party favor on the way out. drive safely.
I am posting on this one before the threads run out of room. Ya know, I'm not a claimed anything when it comes to religion; I don't worship anything that I know of except the great outdoors. That's my peace.  There have been times during this illness, though, that I WISH  (I TRULY wish) I had faith in ... whatever it is some people seem to get a LOT of comfort in and feel safe in, be it Jesus, God, Buddah, or however you spell Buddha, or  (I'm a religious moron, OK?)  I do not believe in heaven and hell and think we rot when we die and that that is IT. (OK I said it).  You know what?  I wish I did NOT believe that, but we won't go there because I'm too set in my ways to probably change my belief in that arena.

But anyhow...there used to be this woman who used to come see me EVERY single Saturday (for 6 years in row she came, until I moved, and then -- for all I know she still came and wondered where I had gone).  I miss her.  She was a Jehovahs' Witness, and the first time she cornered me in the yard (or I felt cornered)  I thought "oh holy cr** - not this."  I told her I was not interested. She put her little book away, and we started talking about flowers and birds and stuff, my job, her children, my child, just everything.  I could tell she was genuinely just a nice woman - albeit a Jehovah's WItness (admittely a religion I don't know squat about but always felt repulsed over.)  

Ever been to a gospel church?  To a black church?  I have - just to see what it was all about, and lemme tell ya - if you don't feel good after you leave, something is wrong with you. Doesn't mean I'm going to be in the choir next Sunday,  but... I did enjoy it, immensely and would go again if invited.

Anyhow..  For the next few Saturdays I would cringe if I saw her in that green van in the neighborhood, and I would make my way inside the house hoping she would  not come by.  Inevitably, I wouldn't want to leave the yard though to avoid her, and she would walk over, but she never again (for the next six years) brought up her ...whatever she believes in.  She just wanted to check on me and see how I was doing.  She was the first woman I told about my depression, the first one I told about my diagnosis of Hep C, she was just there,and I came to enjoy seeing that green van.  We always sat on my porch, she never came inside the house, she was never imposing.  And I miss her. I don't give a hoot what she believed in, and she didn't care what I believed in, either.  

When you go telling someone they should or should not believe in God or Jesus or whoever they want to believe in and worship, maybe you need to pause and realize that you don't know sh** from shinola on none of it just like the next person.  None of us do.  Just my two cents.
yes everyone has the right or choice to believe in who-ever or what-ever they want. Life is about 'choice.' And a person's choice shouldn't have to be a secret and kept behind closed doors. If you're an atheist, that doesn't mean i would not like you as much as the next person. That is your belief and you can tell me, without me being offended. it is your choice. But if it was outside this forum, i would ask you how did you arrive at your choice,,,,(for my own curiosity and learning experience)and to me there is nothing wrong with that. I'd have absolutely no problem if you asked me why I believed in Jesus, either.

That was a nice story about that lady.
And yes the black churches are great. I am involved in ministry so I frequent black churches regularly.(musician)

Thanks for asking, I did have a little trouble getting up how did you know.
MyOwn I think you should continue to document for the others to know what's going on. Wyntre stopped posting, animalhouse stopped posting, pigeonca hasn't posted yet this week. People start and then drop off and I don't know if that is good or bad. I have learned a lot from others symptoms and how to deal with it. Got my A&D per ladyE's advice, systane for my eyes, someone told Merlino about that, an dgold bond for the itch but I don't know if it's the right Gold Bond.
KEEP POSTING PLEASE
Bug
Hi - I sure hope I didn't offend anyone who is religious. That was not my intention at all.  I guess I just kind of had to blurt something out : ) Frustrated, maybe, at some things I read, but not from the ones who believe.

I'll say anything else on the other side, though. Just think that's a better place for this.  

I've been wondering about Wyntre, too.  

I do not think you need to worry, at least from my quarter.  I agree 100% with what you wrote.  Personally I know that this insidious disease and it's tx has strengthed my faith and approach to life and others in ways I would have never imagined a year ago and I would like to think for the better.

I also think, and perhaps I'm wrong here, but I don't recall ever trying to force my faith upon anyone else or condemning anyone for having another or no faith.  I will admit to taking offense (an area of conviction which I've been working on and getting better but not perfected yet by any means) when others try to catagorize, condemn, or ridicule myself or another for their faith if they are of a different opinion.

I also believe that if another or myself find solace and support in exchanges which involve the expression of our faiths, that it should be our innate human right (whether God ordained or simply a by-product of evolution to sentient thinking) to be able to freely do so, which the founding fathers of the US would seem to agree with since they made it our 1st Admendment right in the Bill of Rights.

If others do not agree, then let us agree to disagree and leav it at that instead of attacking or belittle one another.
is it safe for me to come out yet???
Sure, no, ... wait ...... DUCK!!!

You know what really scares me John?  It's that after on the tx meds for awhile, threads like this began to seem normal and now that I'm off them again they still seem somewhat normal.

At least they are no where near the flame wars of old when the net was fresh, clean, new, and full of pink skinned newbies arriving at email forum reflectors daily worried about getting burned when embers of the wars were still flickering now and again.

Ahhh, those were the days. Days when trolls often learned to hide under bridges trembling with fear after they popped their heads into the wrong server and had the hair singed from their heads. A time when Titans and Giants often clashed on the most controversial topics showing no sign of fear.  A glint of zealous fervor could be clearly seen in their eyes. Days when freedom of speech was practiced to it's fullest.  

But, I digress, although I must admit that there have been a time or two on this forum here where I felt I might have to blow the dust of the ol' cedar lined chest in the attic and pull out the flame retardent battle gear once again.

Perhaps one day when the PC crowd have had their run and people tire of breathing through the gags covering their mouths, the net will again return to a place where one can hear the shout "FREEEEEDOOOOMMMMmmmmmm" ringing loud and clear.

I only hope it is before I pass on to the next realm and pray daily for another chance of grabbing the SVR ring so that I might improve my chances of seeing that happen with mine own eyes.

With that I bid adieu as it seems it is time to sleep.  (and for the record, I have not been a hypocrite by partaking of the drink.  If being a nonresponder has done nothing else, it seems to have assured that such a relapse is not in the cards for me.  But, it's been nice to clear the meds from my system and have a life return to what is as normal as possible despite the occasional roaring of the dragon)
I promise you - no mud slinging from me. Mike
well, guys, i thought i said the house party was over. lol
chcme,,,good idea,but we're not off limits to speaking religion here if it 'happens' to come up,don't let others intimidate you,,,this country is going down the tubes because of people allowing liberals to get away with their garbage...and don't worry I was not offended AT ALL, I was hoping I read you right and you're statement made it clear to me that your comment wasn't directed at me,,,,,,,I'll meet you guys in the other forum, I have a minute to post, but I will be back tonight, unless I get more time this afternoon.
see ya over there...aguaris, imagine and whoever else that wants to come, stop by,,

what other forum??
On the top of the screen on the left Forum or to the right Community forum.
Sorry, HEPATITIS COMMUNITY  in big bold letters. Have to click on it and register again I think.
sorry you missed my party,,,,there's some left-overs in the fridge, feel free to help yourself. Do you know whose hat this is? They left it on the table.
That was cute, we need some humor here!
Lov ya and may your tx be side free and keep on posting that fact.

willow. I'll post a pic of me on one of the bottom threads. It's a horror story. I was in the middle of tx and feeling poorly.
96 comments by the time I post this! Didn't know they could be open so long!
holy cow! are we back to unlimited comments?
hi ladybug!
thanks appreciate that.
I heard! some party! and started without inviting me??!!  seems you are doing well, I am glad to hear that.  I actually felt well the first 4 wks of tx, I even thought I was not getting any meds in!  It started changing after wk 6, when hgb dropped.  enjoy while it lasts.

In the old days we had one thread that topped at 300 comments before MH retired it! maybe this might follow?
You said
",this country is going down the tubes because of people allowing liberals to get away with their garbage..."

You have got to be kidding.  Our "leader" and I use that word loosly is NOT a Liberal yet is responsible for getting us into an illegal war through deception, has more of his croonies and compatriots in PRISON for illegal behavior than any other administration in US history, has dished out BILLION DOLLAR no bid contracts to his "friends" in New Orleans and Iraq and the list goes on and on at the destruction and devastation this leadership( or lack of it) has caused, He committed the WORST foreign policy errors in the history of our country! He should be tried for war crimes and impeached along with all his croonies and the rest of his bible thumping Christian agenda pushing administration. We have lost more individual right to privacy due to this adminitration than ever before. Our freedoms are being grosly compromised under the guise of "patriotism" He is doing his level best to confuse Church and State which flies in the face of our Constitution. That is why our country is "going down the tubes" it has nothing to do with "liberals" how can you blame "liberals" when Conservatives are in charge? That is a joke. It just goes to show how completely unable fundamentalist right wingers are at looking at their OWN lies and bad behaviors and criminal actions. Blaming "liberals" is stupid at best since "Liberals" are not running the White House in case you haven't noticed.

the bible waving peudo christian republican agenda you espouse is doing our country in. This "war on terror" has INCREASED terrorism across the world. The "axis of evil" is the current administration, and GW is the biggest cog in the evil wheel.

Please keep your religious and political rantings on the "other" board, this is not the place for it. I responded here because you posted it here, but this type of thing does not belong here, this is for HEP C information and health discussion not your pulpit or soap box.

It was a good bash and even started to get a bit out of hand. Despite been a sober party it looked like maybe there was going to be a few fist-ta-cuffs breaking out.  Myown might want ta get those undergarments down from the ceiling fan before having the church ladies over for tea though.
on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being strongly disagree and 5 strongly agree, I give this one a big FIVE: "He should be tried for war crimes and impeached"
Of course, I don't see that happening in my lifetime. The end of this administration will leave behind a sight akin to a disaster area.  I can't wait to read what the history books print.  I heard they are printed out of Texas...

ok, now I go back and hide behind the finch's nest!
Hey guys,,,come on in, I told ya,,,parties over, though. Cuteus,while your standing over there, can you open the back door and let my dog out? Thanks.

Kalio, come here a minute, babe, don't get mad at me, come on sit down. BTW, do ya like that little breakfast nook? Got it at pottery barn,,thats where you like to shop don't ya? They have lots of earth friendly products, is that why ya go there?.

So lets go back over this,,I know what ya said to me, but don't get all crazy like that again,ok? Its just a discussion.

Okay, I'll try to make it short. It would take for ever to go over everything with you, but I'll pick out a vital issue.

You said...how can you blame "liberals" when Conservatives are in charge?

Okay, let me give you a little bit of history, The democrats had control of BOTH HOUSES FOR OVER 40 YEARS (caps for emphasis, not yelling) Democrats lost control 12 years ago and won it back this November.

FOURTY LONG YEARS OF LIBERALISM (remember not yelling) IS WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE AT!!!! But, I will agree with you about one thing. George el stinko,,, and I voted for him, ,,but,, I always admit WHEN AND IF I see a mistake I made.But there was slim pickins  for that election.

Something else you said, caught my interest. You told me politics don't belong here and I agree with you,,,BUT how come you never ever said anything to Rev when he would post political statements? Was it because he was knocking Bush and you enjoyed it,or is it because you are afraid to go toe to toe with him? hmmm

You also chose to ignore things that were said 'directly at you'(by him),and'about you'in a negative way. I will admit it,, you made yourself look quite good,,,, to be able to ignore all that,,,,but here am I,,,,saying something that 'you don't like,' BUT NOT directed at 'you',,,more of a general statement and you come knocking at my door,sit at my table, stare me in the eye, ooh Kalio,,, don't worry ,,I have more milk, use the rest of that,,,excuse me Kalio,,,,, Cuteus,,you can leave if ya want, don't have to stay, we're adults,,,,oh okay, ya wanna stay, no problem...But Cuteus, can ya get the phone and just say I'm in the shower or something, thanks.

Okay kalio, ya know what I mean?? Here you come, gunning for me and yet,,,you stood clear of REV,,which NOW I obviously know that it wasn't because you were trying to be the bigger person,because IF that was it,,,you could have chose to ignore ME,,,, but if its not that, what was it???

Ya know what???I didn't want to tell anyone this and,,, this isn't how I wanted everyone to find out,,, but,,, me and Rev,,,we,,we ah,,we just found out we were,, separated at birth. Yes he's my brother,..twin brother!!. I know how you feel, it came as a shock to me too!!. *##CRASH###* Cuteus,honey, don't worry about that plate, I'll clean it up, watch the glass. Where'd ya put your shoes?

Getting back to Rev,we met recently after finding this out,,,long story,,. We look alike,,, drive the same car,,, like the same food, use the identical hair brush, shampoo and conditioner. Well politics, yeah, okay, but so what??, we leave that subject alone. The likes were so amazing!!!. They say this is common with twins that were separated at birth, all the similarities and stuff,,,AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT WE DID!!!!! We CALLED OPRAH!!!!!SHE IS DOING AN HOUR LONG SHOW ON US,,TWINS SEPARATED AT BIRTH,yada yada yada,,,It will be great to get publicity for Hep C too,,,So see,, ya did help us talk about Hep on Oprah,, sorta in an indirect way!! Got to talk to her "personally", because of being friends with YOU!,thanks so much kalio!!,Me and Rev knew you wouldn't mind if we used your name,,being friends with ya and all that,,,but its just so,,, oh man!! Can't believe it!!!!, its so amazing!!!!,,who would think????, that we would meet after all these years, separated at birth!!.

Cuteus,you look like you've seen a ghost. He really didn't tell you?? I thought for sure he would. Glad he kept his word.
Okay, now ,,can everyone go home? Remember I did just start treatment and I want to rest a little, plus Rev is stopping by in a little while.Ya can stay if you want to meet him in person,,I know you never really met,,,but seeing each other in person was awesome. Well anyhow, just picture me with short hair,,cuz we are identical, ya know.  We're going to take our dogs to that new dog park and catch up on some talking. Oh lets just forget about the politics stuff,,,BTW you mentioned something about wondering how George was going to be written about in history books,,well what about Bill??He can 'not only' fill the history books, but playboy too if he so chooses.

Oh BTW did you hear Bill is going to a shrink for sex addiction?.True though,,,really. I wonder if it has anything to do with his wife running for office. But then again I know that doesn't bother you. You guys out there keep his personal life separate from his presidency, when he was president. Didn't matter. But we can agreeably disagree.

Oh btw,on a serious note, I never did anything to you, but I have noticed that over time you would never want to post anything in any of my threads,,,,wonder why? Now you can use THIS as an excuse,if ya want, but ya had no excuse before this, other than I say loud an clear that I love the Lord,, and guess what?? HE loves me,,,,HE loves You too btw. Just so you know,,,, this ends here. I won't answer anything related to this post from you. You had your say and now I had MINE.

And here's a little favorite saying of mine,,not scripture,,so you don't have to be afraid to read it.,,

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."

LMAO
What a great thread, it's so long.
Typical of those of your narrow mind set, rather than accept the facts as they stand, you blame others. You get really nasty and make ridiculous statements. Now I shop at Pottery Barn? Sorry to disappoint you, but you are wrong as usual. Pottery Barn isn't "green" so no self respeecting liberal shops there FYI. There are those of us who are consciously trying to HELP our ailing planet by spending our money with companies that are "green" but I bet you shop at WalMart, one of the worst corporate offenders world wide in the destruction of our planet for corporate gain. 2006, warmest year ON RECORD in the history of the US. That should scare you. A LOT. But I bet you think "global warming" is another "liberal media" ruse.
Go tune in to Rush Limbaugh ( a drug using criminal and a liar) and fill your mind with more lies and agenda pushing rhetoric. History will show this as the most corrupt administration our country has ever seen and Bush as the worst preident on record. Even his OWN SUPPORTERS have bailed out, they want no part of his megalomaniac behavior. He will leave this mess he created for the next DEMOCRATIC president that will run this country and try to clean up this disaster area these fools have created. ( Cuteus, love your analogy and so true, it is a disater area, just look at NO) Bush is such a sneaky creepy guy, he went and developed this new "war plan" without even consulting congress prior to announcing it ( so much for his bi partisanship) and totally ignored the Commission's report on the war. Unbelieveable. Now he is concentrating all our defenses in Iraq which history shows us is very dangerous militarily, did you also forget PEARL HARBOR?? You seem to know nothing of history and what we have learned or should have learned from it. We had all our defenses concentrated in one place then too, but apparently you forgot about that little incident Dec. 7, 1942. We were so strapped for soldiers and pilots after they were all killed at Pearl Harbor, we didnt even have but a handful of combat pilots left to attack Tokyo! They had to send the bombers in in what was basically a suicide mission we were so ill prepared because we lost so many at Pearl Harbor due to our MILITARY CONCENTRATION there. Geez, read a book for God' sake.

Your clown of a Prez. is now seeking to create "strategic hamlets" In Iraq, I guess in your right wing history books they dont mention this was TRIED AND FAILED during the Vietnam war, a war not unlike this one in that we were fooled into and lied to to get into it. GW must be using the Vietnam handbook on how to start an unwarranted war and then lose it as he is doing the same things that were done then. Now he is jeopardizing our ability to defend ourselves globally by sending even more of our fine Americans into a war that should not have been started. I hope you and your ilk NEVER are given the rein to our country again,this clown wasn't even elected he cheated his way into office, just like he cheated his way out of military service. We are now over a 1,000 days past the day that this dipsh*t president declared this Iraq war OVER. Remember that, your "leader" declaring Victory in Iraq running around with combat gear on on an aircraft carrier? Oh, I forgot, you don't watch/read the news because it is controlled by the "liberals"
By the way, you giving a history lesson is like getting medical advice from Donald Duck, you don't know squat. Try reading an actual book and turn off the right wing radio chatter.
You probably believe the "liberal media" also controls book publishing too.
WOW! This is much more entertaining than a Presidential debate. They say laughter is the best medicene. I got a good dose of it the last few posts. You know this thread has an appropriate heading!
Well you sure summed that up nicely!  Sad but true,,,This is our president and what has he done?????  Just makes me sick,,,that more are going over there!  When is enough,,,enough!  And Clinton's sex life???  That is so meaningless compared to what is going on in our country!!
I think **** C shot the bunny at the White House Easter egg hunt.
First, i hear you're half the members here; then we find you and cuteus are the same person; and now we meet your twin.   next thing we know you'll have spell put on you and poof!
this is too cute!!
I voted for GW two times. I have to admit he
Hi sunspot, chev, come on in. Sunspot, put your guns over there in the corner next to mine. Rev's in the bathroom. We just came back from the dog park.

Rev has these great shoes, but why he wore them to the dog park, I'll just never know. He stepped in dog poop.

Well,unfortuanately some don't clean up after their dogs. He took his shoe off and wiped it on the ladies shirt!, the dog owner that is. I nearly died.

When he stepped in it,he didn't say anything or act mad or
anything. He just casually walked over to this lady who owned the dog, bent down took his shoe off and wiped it on her shoulder.

She just stared at him. He smiled, put his hand on her other shoulder, so he could balance himself and he put the shoe back on. She had a look of terror on her face. She didn't make a peep. After that she picked up her little maltese and left. But he was right. The lady should have had a pooper scooper with her or a bag or something.

Hey,listen to me,,does it sound like I'm defending my brother or what??,,yeah, I guess he was wrong, but I don't know, I guess right now, I'm on such a cloud that we found each other, i can't see any wrong in anything he does.

Wait, Come on, Stop jumping!! Sunspot, don't let his dog jump on you!!... Rev, how do ya get Cheney to stop jumping on people?
No rev, come on,,I'm not gonna smack him and neither are you anymore. Oh, okay rev, I thought you may have been kidding. I didn't think you'd hit your dog. Ya know Rev acts like hes so so ya know,,but he'd give ya the shirt off his back.

Ya know what I forgot? I have to pick up a few things at the store,,tell Rev I'll be back later.. Did i tell ya we're gonna be on the Oprah show? I'll tell ya when I come back,,so excited!!

to be continued...............