Hepatitis C Community
six months after test

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

six months after test

Tommorrow it's the big one, cleared them all so far. I'll get the results in August. Hope it was alll worth it.

Harry
Tags: six, months
Much luck!
That's a long time to have to wait for the results. But if you were clear 3 months post, you are almost certain to be clear now as well. What are you liver enzymes at? They give a good indication.

Much luck from me as well!
Good luck Harry... will be watching for your post tomorrow!!

Trish
Good luck to you Harry.  Incidentally, just took my last shot (#48) 10 minutes ago.  

r4
Did you do a 12 week post treatment test?  (I get my 24 weeks taken on August 26th)  Mary Ellen
I'm in Canada and things are done a bit different, one test right after 48 weeks, then wait six months for the final one.

Trish - I had to drop one riba pill for the last four months and it did not effect the 48 week test it was negative. They told me about the 80% guide line also, we'll see the final results in August - eh.

r4 - Thats great news, you made it , wish you the best for the post test.

Here in the great white north it takes six weeks for the tests to come back, at least that what they tell me.

Harry
Trish
  when my rbc went below 100 they changed my script to one less riba a day and it helped.They told me that if I was able to tolerate the low rbc then the riba would not be lowered but I was fallin down at 110. You say that you feel fine at 96 so are they forcing this reduction or just suggesting it. The Docs treating me said everyone reacts different and they try not to have you drop to 60% of original. My first level was 186 so 110 was a 60% drop for me. They also go by how well you can handle the drop, so try mentioning this to your Docs. I hope it will help.

Harry
Hi Harry, thanks for your comments.  The reduction gets forced because I'm in the R1626 trial.  When my hgb drops below 10.0 and when my whites drop a combination of below .5 for my lymphocytes and 1.5 for my ANC.  I kept narrowly missing a drop in my Peg and then my hgb dropped and got the riba reduction.  I didn't really think ahead and had a more 11th hour reaction, so my fault.  Reduction at Week 17 so a little early for me and potentially a reduction in my Peg too ongoing so went into damage control.  My hgb went up to 10.8 after a week of riba reduction so I'm back on normal dosage and the doctor has put me on eprex to keep me from dropping below those set amounts as none of us will have a choice, we'll have to reduce my dosage because of trial protocol.  So we're taking the approach of keeping me away from those levels so it doesn't happen again.

If I wasn't in the trial, we likely would not have reduced and might have gone straight to eprex.  So we're doing the best we can within the parameters of the trial to avoid dosage reduction AND stay in the trial.  

Trish