Hepatitis C Community
slightly enlarged liver

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

slightly enlarged liver

Hi im Mike,Im 25 and have had hep c for about 15 years now.I had a ultrasound a year ago showing that it looked good.And 2 weeks ago I have had a blood test that showed both by alt and ast in the normal ranges.If the doctor said my levels looked normal could the slightly enlarged liver be a result of some liver damage?anyway let me know.
I had normal liver enzymes and slightly enlarged liver in my ulrasound, they said it was fatty liver, did the biopsy and found that I am stage 2, you should do a biopsy so you can have peace of mine, if you have not had one already.
yeah I should do that.I havnt had one before.hopefully it isnt really painful.
it was actually not bad at al, I was really scared to get one cause I heard all the horror stories of pain, but honestly was not that painful at all, just a pinch when they first put needle in to numb the area after that is was ok, i just hated waiting for results, it took like 6 days for mine to come back this included weekend though
Nobody believes that it isn't going to be absolutely dreadful and then when it's over go oh that was it?  We've ALL been there.  I had a normal looking ultrasound and no enlarged anything and when I had the biopsy I was already stage 3.  Did not have any choice at that point but to treat full on as aggressively as possible. I managed to do 72 weeks and work fulltime as a single mom & I had some of the most drastic sides ever.  But I managed. It was not fun but it was doable for the most part. I've been cured for over three years.........it was worth it.

Get the biopsy then you will know where you stand and if you have time to wait or not.
I just found out from liver biopsy that I have stage 3 liver disease. I have never suffered any type of illness or sympton of Hep C. To tell you the truth I never felt anything other than when they inserted the drip in vein. I did hear the doctor say that the biopsy was a good one. I had slight pain occasionally in right side for couple days and could not sleep on right side about the same length of time. Go get the biopsy so you will know more about your condition.