Hepatitis C Community
smell in nose

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

smell in nose

I have a moth ball type smell in my nose when I bend over. Especially when I raise up after bending over.
and if you are, apologize in advance for this minor outburst and maybe someone can help you....hope you do realize this is a hepatitis board....but are there little Keebler Elves somewhere?, maybe in some dank basement? Working feverishly at coming up with questions like this? People, get some constructive hobbies!!!!! a paper route, something!!!!!
but are there little Keebler Elves somewhere?, maybe in some dank basement? Working feverishly at coming up with questions like this? People, get some constructive hobbies!!!!! a paper route, something!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, well said.  
I ate a box of mothballs in 1957, while living in Germany. As I recall, I smelled them for years after having my stomach pumped. But look at me now; I turned out OK, didn’t I? Well, didn’t I :o)?

Q. How do you smell mothballs?
A. Hold ‘em up by their little wings.

Still chuckling, (and smelling mothballs)--

Bill
tee hee!  Looks like you turned out fine.

jd
Mag, do you have hepatitis C?  If you do, I have read many people experience problems with their sinuses with this virus.  I know I did for years.  I didn't have a clue to connect the constant infections with hep c.  It wasn't until after I treated I became aware of the connection.  Yes, I remember the moth ball scent. And don't you dare my darling friends make fun of me here. ; ]  I've successfully finished treatment Mag and much to my surprise the sinus infections and odd scents I occasionally experienced have disappeared.  

PS to Forsee:  April 7?  Way to go girl.  You have far more strength and courage than you sometimes realize.  Godspeed Forsee. xox
youre prob the voice of reason here..youre such an even-keeled person, gimme some adat!...Mag, maybe I was getting too cute and Lonestar here reminded me of that...oh so gently though! lol...
So it's not just me.  Thank you - I was intermittantly experiencing an odd smell and thought maybe it was some sort of aura thing to do with the migraines I get.   It is a little like mothballs now that you mention it.  I guess I can now add that to my neverending list of HepC side effects.  
Im in 20 and as of last week I can actually smell the drugs coming out of my pores. Im a fragrance freak and this has been very unpleasant. Its not my imagination.

Its horrible I feel like I have an odor of smelly cigars in my nose.
Dont Laugh until actually you experience this youself unfortunately.

Yuckers!
Gee, I missed that smell side effect and I thought I had them all. Live and learn. Mike
Yes you hit it right on the proverbial head.  When on interferon and riba the taste buds are affected and food may taste different.  If it affects one sense so radically it stands to figure that it shall affect others like smell, taste and even feeling.
Yes these do go away with time although I have been on three types of treatment and still find I have refined tastes since I have stopped treatment some 9 years ago.  I am end stage but what does that really mean?  To me it gives me a chance to really dig in and get the most out of life and get affairs in order...........plus I am a walking miracle with rebounding in good health as I use food and natural products and studied homeopathy from a doctor for 12 years (no liscense to practice so I do it for myself).
I also do gem therapy with is spectal color healing as we are all ultlimately light and color.
God is good and works through all of us if we give Him a chance.  You may call Him whatever you choose and I choose to call him Jesus for today..........
So the unpleasantless does pass and I just hope that all who go through treatment clear the virus.
Since the breaking of the genetic codes we are seeing many good possibilities for a true 100% cure and a vaccination.  All good things take time and with major medical breakthroughs some of us shall not make the cut but we are here together now and that is special.
With apologies to Col. Kilgore (Apocalypse Now)

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Interferon. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Interferon the morning. You know, one time we had a patient bombed, for twelve months. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' virus. The smell, you know that medicine smell, the whole body. Smelled like... victory.

Some day this war is going to end..."

Now that was good.  Sure made me smile.
well, I might be a bit of a SHMOE you might of been completely legit with a legit question, and I jumped the gun...there are just so many silly fake posts here that I was hasty...if youre not coming back, hope it's not on my account, sorry....
MBMBill (that's Moth Ball Mouth)...do you have any idea the visual you gave me...did any one see the Nip Tuck where the fake producer stuffed the guy full of stuffed bear beads through a hose in his mouth to kill him. I was hoping to never relive that but now it's you with the moth balls - yikes

Hey btw you crazy man - may I ask why you ate the moth balls? (make it good)
I'm in week 25 of TX and the smell has been a BIG problem for me.......I cleared out all my "good smelly" household products (oil sticks, plug-in air fresheners etc) and the odor is in my nose.  I was afraid to say anything on here.........and after seeing some who "jumped the gun" thinking this was a phony post.........I'm glad to know some of my instincts are still working.
OK - I want to say something here... Right after I got pregnant with my daughter --- My sense of smell changed. It became hypersensitive.

I thought it was just being preggers.

I couldn't walk into a bathroom after anyone - I could smell if they'd drank alcohol - or if they'd eaten rotten foods --- I couldn't stand the way my husband smelled - or some people... Some foods became intolerable.

Then it lasted until --- well - it hasn't stopped.

I've just learned to live with it and breathe more through my mouth.

I contacted Monell Institute - and they had no knowledge of what to do.

I've tried desensitization - just doesn't work.

Now --- keep in mind - I honestly believe that I contracted HCV through Rhogam --- a shot given to RH Negative factor women.

So - for me - it makes total sense that my body - getting HCV - became hypersensitive. NOW --- add in the fact that I can't see for beans without prescription glasses - it makes sense that my nose might become more sensitive than anything else.

It might have been a natural body defense...

Haven't noticed the sense of smell going down since SVR - so dunno if it's really related...

However - the thought has crossed my mind....

So don't laugh too hard... LOL!

Kinda wondering if those who might smell mothballs might actually also have bad vision?

Ah well - just some ponderings. LOL!

Meki
when I bend over...seafood cmes to mind...: ; ))))))))))))))))))))))

well, maybe you just had one too many sweaters way back when....

(OMG...the gas company wants to hire me because my nose is several times more sensitive to gas leaks than their detection meters....I kid you not!! )

or your teenager may be in the corners with some poppers...check your drawers for old naphtha etc. and theirs for fresh sniffable substances. Oh my///

in any case....not to worry, the worst thing is you'll smell things only hounds and sharks do....and have to resist taking the 5 showers a day your nose suddenly tells you you need...

the Riba seems to reduce the thickness of the mucous lining in the sinuses and eyes. making both highly sensitive.
If you ever have a extra hard sneeze that expels a lot of mucous, you will also notice heightened sensitivity for a few moments.

It could also be something in your denture powder, if you use one, that is draining up towards your adenoids (adenoids) when you bend forward, and you are now more sensitive to those chemicals. Try less powder, or a diffent one..or, switch toothpastes, it might help.
I have just read the threads on here and you guys are killing me.  I can't stop laughing.  Funny, Funny stuff, not fluff, just plain funny.  I wish I could think that fast on my feet.  Thanks, I needed a good belly laugh.   Tx not so good today, this is the best I've felt all day.  
Trinity
Awww trinity! Hope you feel better...
yikes...where did this come from     and Trin ...if you are still reading this forum....how funny is this...  haha
BTW..I didn"t bring this thread  out of the archives..it just showed up here at the top of the page ??
Hubby just set up the new phones w/"Flight of the Valkries"-Wagner, so when the phone rings I have flashes of Col. Kilgore (but it makes hubby happy and he takes care of me). This thread is the best belly laugh I've had all day; I go for 4 wk labs on Thursday and begin Vic on Sat.
Rofl How do you smell moth balls? Hold them by their little wings?  What a hoot.