Hepatitis C Community
spread by semen

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

spread by semen

Hello, I'm afraid I have contracted HCV (not sure, I'm planning to be tested next week).In case I caught it, do you think it can be spread by semen from a nocturnal emission? You know, it gets spread over the pyjama and bed cloths and dries there.You touch many things then before you wash yourself.I'm going crazy from fear of spreading it and e.g. my room-mate contracting it.
Avatar n tn
mite i suggest that you 'make the scene with a magazine' in the privacy of the bathroom..take a good hot shower post ejaculation ,then off to bed with ya...nocturnal emmissions begone and why waste the oportunity for pleasure& exercise?
Too much spare time and not enough thought went into this question.
Avatar n tn
Maybe you would help me if you were more specific - my post is a result of fear of spreading the disease.If the virus can be present in semen,I wondered how likely it can be to spread it from "contaminated" things - virus can persist for certain time outside the body - I think that people often have some small bruises etc and if the virus persists outside, the probability rises. I can't estimate the possible load in the semen or the infectiousness. That's why I asked for your experience or view on something of this kind.
there is no risk with semen. relax and move on with your life.
Avatar n tn
well, I know the question was maybe somewhat weird, but I am quite anxious when it comes down to these things... because if there is (though little) probability of transmission via sexual intercourse, I am afraid this might also happen.

The possible exposition happened 7 weeks ago. Now I consider, whether is it better to wait for several more days to be tested (to raise the probability of getting the correct result of anti-HCV test) or whether get it done as soon as possible. It shouldn't make that big difference, should it?
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
stilltrying1965 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Track your weight over time