stripes on toenail - a weird SX?
i just finished my 24 week TX (GT 2b) YIPPEE !!!  but i noticed white stripes going across my toenails - 7 of 10 of them BUT my fingernails are just fine - anyone ever see this before? i am kind of thinking it is a sx of the pegasys, copegus - anyone have any clues???

thanks for any input >;o)
Did you check with your manicurist?  Just kidding. I have no idea what causes that. My stripes go lengthwise and are on my fingernails. Go figure?

:-)
OK - someone once told me there is a thing called "TERRY'S NAILS"

It's chemotherapy caused.

At the end of my TX - I had BROWN nails at the top ---- it was like I had literally dipped my hands in paint. Weird.... Very weird.

But they eventually grew out - and now my nails are no longer brittle or breaking. And the discoloration is gone.

Meki
I got a stripe across each toenail at the cuticle around the time that I started tx.  only 1 stripe on each and not white, but still a mark.  The stripes on my big toes took a year to grow out.  I am sure it was the tx.

dointime.  
Although it is debatable whether Interferon is a chemotherapy, the side affects are similar.  More than likely that is the case.  A nail grows at a very slow pace, and you're not likely to see a change for some time.  What you're doing (positively) health-wise post treatment may not show up in your hair, skin and nails to up to a year to a year an a half after your treatment.  My wife (a nurse) mentioned you practically grow a new body in 18 months relative to skin cells, etc.  You are what you eat and how you exercise.  Hang in there and give your nails some time.
http://www.normanallan.com/Med/askdr/horizontal.htm
I got the same stripes on my fingernails at a certain point and I could directly tie it in to dehydration - not consuming enough water.  When I got more hydrated, they went away.  They were striped because they were ridged.  I don't know if that's the same you have...it's when I noticed I was more dehydrated than usual.
thanks for the comments - doing further research, i believe it was the TX
it really isn't a problem - i was just curious

thanks all !!!
if you put applecidar vinigar on your cuticle 4 or 5 times a week it will take care of it.this reaaly works.bleach works to but the vinigar smeals a little better.
Those on TX try to keep a low protien and no extra iron in their diet as it works the liver harder to matabalize them. I am not on TX but have hep c. I had this problem with the nails and also loss of a lot of hair which is common when on TX. Since I am not on TX I know it wasn't that.  The doctor ended up testing and my hemaglobin was low. He put me on iron and that took care of the nails and the hair. I suppose it could be for you dut to TX and having the hep c. Hope this helps.