swelling in neck question...thyroid and treatment?
I have swelling in the right base of my neck just above my collar bone. It is significant enough to be worried. There is an aggravating sensation but not much pain at all. Is this possibly related to the thyroid? I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, but this popped up in a matter of a couple of days. Can this be a goiter? And is it most likely related to treatment? Thanks in advance to all answers!!!!
no way to know what it is really, until you test the t4 and the tsh. It could be thyroid or it could be the lymph glands.
Thanks y'all....I have an email in to doc. On a positive note, I have way less wrinkles on one side of my neck.

Wow, that makes me feel better (well not so freaked). Does yours hurt at all or is it just painless soft tissue swelling. I even wondered if my neck rolls that I do in the mornings could have caused such swelling due to over stretching that part of my neck and causing inflammation and swelling. It's just that I only have minor sensations that can be called pain. I am a bit stoic. My friends say nay to that possibility. Thanks for letting me know that someone has had this happen ,and that it is most likely not worse case fears.
Hey....sorry about previously slaughtering your name. Also wanted to wish well in just starting your treatment . Hope I can be of help to you sometime since I'm 18 weeks into it myself.
Hi. Don't freak out. It happened to me to and it's a symptom of hepc according to my dr..i have soft tissue swelling above my right collarbone that sorta comes and goes but mostly is there, I freaked and had every test imaginable run to no avail. That was the same time I was tested for hepc. I start treatment this week so I can't answer as to when it goes away, but I do know that it's not a goiter, it's not your thyroid, and it IS a symptom. Hope this helps.... tracy
My swelling is painless soft-tissue. It came on very suddenly, along with a swollen lymph gland in my pelvis/upper thigh and was quite alarming but like i said, i had a thyroid ultrasound, t3,t4,tsh tests run, ct scans and more and everything came back negative. that's when i saw a g.i. who has seen it before.
check with your doctor but don't panic. :) thanks for the well wishes. hope your tx is going well. take care  tracy
I have soft-tissue swelling in my lymph gland area and it presses on my jugular veins and is very uncomfortable but not painful.  My doctor has done all the other tests.......he's at a loss too.  I also have painful joints and a noise in my throat when I swallow.  Can you help me with this?  I'm going nuts here!
you guys have made my day~
in the last 2 wks, I've had CT scans, MRI etc about this pain & swelling in my neck & collarbone area- they found nothing.
I'm 8 months into treatment-

my pain is excruciating though- the only relief I find is from 500mg of naproxen- as soon as it wears off- the throbbing begins.

My thyroid may very well be the cause - as last weeks blood work shows dramatic drop in #'s- and they cut my ribavarin by 1/4. and have added procrit starting this week.
I'm very glad to have found this forum-
I just got this problem yesterday. Scary. If they don't find nothing, what kind a tritment they give You? and for what? sorry for my engles.  .