Hepatitis C Community
swelling of the stomach

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

swelling of the stomach

Does anyone have sever distension of the belly? I look like. I'm 8 months pregnant...if so does anyone know why?
google "ascites".  Do you have hepatitis C or other liver disease.  Have you been examine by a doc?
Hepatitis c, and no I haven't been seen by a doc except the one in the hospital that diagnosed me with Hep C!!
I read your posts.  I could not see anywhere in them a mention of a test to exclude a more serious liver condition.  A physical exam (with palpation - pressing and tapping your abdomen) should have revealed the possibilty of fluid buid up. Unless, the abdomen situation is new.
Its not new, I actually went to the hospital for the distension, they then diagnosed me with both hep c and interstitial cystitis. I have constant pain in my left side and in my bladder. The distension itself makes me more uncomfortable. They did lots of tests at the hospital, I was there for 4 days. But as far as I know they only tested me for hep c because my liver enzymes were outta whack. I did google the ascites and that sounds like what it may be. I will have to call the clinic that I go to and see what they think. Thank flguy!!! :)
don't wait long to see a doctor. ascites is a sign of serious liver damage. try and be seen by a hepatologist (liver specialist) or at least a GI doc ASAP.

Watch your diet, NO salt, fat or sugar. And NO alcohol if you drink.

Best of luck
Ok so if it is ascites does that cause severe stomach pain?
The fluid build-up, and there could be a lot of fluid, can cause pressure on other internal parts.  Can even make breathing uncomfortable.