Hepatitis C Community
test results

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

test results

I got my test results for genotype it is 1 and a vl 844000 will be getting a biopsy a soon as i can.
my question is does it hurt ?  i am 26 and i am hope there is little damage to my liver from the virus what do you think .  what do you think my chance are to the clear the virus in the first tx.
My biopsy didn't hurt. It was guided by an ultrasound technician. It was really quick. They keep you afterwards for 2-3 hours to make sure that you don't bleed. Good luck with that.  
The only thing that hurt was my head from making myself crazy believing it was going to hurt. Like Grandma said it's quick and painless and boring once it's done. Just bring a book or something for the extra hours (they kept me for 4).  You'll be fine and it seems like you have a good handle on what you need to be doing right now.

Your age is certainly a good factor and you have a low viral load so hopefully you have little or no liver damage and can get rid of this pronto and get on with alovely hep free life!
My biopsy really didn't hurt that much. My Dr. used a ct scan to get to the exact spot he needed. Although I did have a hard time breathing while the actual biopsy was done, but then again I had stressed out so much over the test that I think it played a part in what i was feelin.

Good Luck and don't worry

Lynn (tahoeunicorn)
I had my Biopsy about 7 years ago and I didn't feel a thing. The Doctor used a CT scan to locate the exact spot to Biopsy and all you feel is a little push. That is all. The worst part was waiting around for 3 hours afterwoods. I was a smoker at the time and I was dieing for a Cigarrette.
thank you all for the responses.  i feel alittle bit better about it since all of you said it does not hurt.  
i have another question what are these test for ana, ama, agma, and tsh because my doctor ask me to do these test before the biopsy.
At my last biopsy a year and a half ago, I was under the CT scan machine and I thought the doctor was using the little needle to numb me up before doing the biopsy  (the one i got 11 years ago through the side hurt a lot) but after a minute he just said "all done!".  Really pretty painless this time, and surprisingly quick.  There is really no way of telling up front if you will clear on the first go-round.  All we can do is makes educated guesses. I didn't stay clear so I'm doing it again.  I'll keep you in my prayers.
Mike
Well, I've had two.  The first one was nothing.  Barely felt it and no side effect whatsoever.  Coulda worked that day.

The second was quite different.  No horror story but I had pain for months afterward.  
Whatever you do make sure they do an ultrasound-guided one.
regards, David
With my biopsy I felt pressure but no real pain. Most people don't have a problem with the biopsy other than their nerves.

The TSH test is for thyroid and the others are to check for autoimmune problems as treatment can make those problems worse.