Hepatitis C Community
thalassemia

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

thalassemia

anyone have any experience with this?  the blood work I just got back shows indication.  also has anyone ever had a INR of 0.9 (doa low) my results are sending me into the twilight zone.  tomorrow new specialist, but I picked up (actually someone else did for me...sad) my latest ct, and complete CBC.  I have a ovarian cyst and another set of strange numbers to add to my HCV.  thank you in advance.
Regards
Lani
Holly sh!t your having a good run arent you. You may already know some of this but i'll post the links anyway.

Here is a link on HCV and Thalassemia.
http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/2006icr/ddw/docs/062006_a.html

Here are the search results on MedScape for Thalassemia
http://search.medscape.com/all-search?newSearch=1&queryText=Thalassemia

Here a MedHelp link on Low INR,
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/hepatitis/messages/45986.html
I pinched Jims comments out of the thread.

Blood thinners like warfarin (coumadin), aspirin, ibuprophen, some antibiotics, and I would imagine fish oils(?) can lower your INR, and foods high in vitamin K like Brocolli, lettuce, spinach and Liver can raise your INR. Also read birth control pills and alcohol also affect INR but not sure how although I'd guess that alcohol would lower it.

I am so sorry that all you seem to be getting is bad news lately.
Heres a link on ovarian cysts and a quote from it.
http://www.gynsecondopinion.com/ovarian-cysts.htm
The good news is that almost all ovarian cysts will go away by themselves without any treatment. Since the vast majority of ovarian cysts are benign, the presence of an ovarian cyst is a usually a non-worrisome occurrence.

Wish you Well
CS

thanks for responding, yeah I'm lucky.  need more test for the markers (12) to verify so I hoping for the ....best.  

I am not worried about this cyst, I just thought it was a free something else to think about for 60 seconds before returning to the virus.  lol

I'll get that next blood draw and go from there.

Beautifl day today, I tried to work in the yard, one of my most favorite things besdies my dogs, I have a sheltie and a boarder coller who herd the cats :0 I got 1/3 maybe just 1/4 mowed and came in to plan my death...lol  I am spent.  I try some stupid thing,  I used to do all the time and in such great time volume once every 2 weeks or so and it knoocks me back to face the frail body I am living with today.  I can imagine myself on a sky slope, under the sea with a spear gun....and then I try yardwork and see myself for who I really am.  Oh how I used to love to repel....what a long drop that would be!!! I am smiling as I write these words, that is my consulation on the outside anyway.

good day mate
Lani