Hepatitis C Community
to Susan400

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

to Susan400

Hi.  Have you heard anything yet about being accepted into Prove 3?
Mike,

Nope.  The hold up for now, is waiting on my labs to all get back and waiting on getting the proper records from these doctors that I had, who are no longer practicing around here.  I don't know how I'm going to be able to get these records.  The one doctor who prescribed the longest course of the Peg-Intron, is no longer around here.  The records that I obtained from the group that he practiced in, has NO mention in any of his notes that he ever prescribed the Peg-Intron.  I'm so mad that he didn't take good notes that I could SCREAM!  I have a record from the pharmacy showing that he was the prescribing doctor for this drug.  I'm going to call back the medical records department (of this HUGE group that he was a part of) tomorrow and ask them to specifically look for copies of prescriptions that he might have kept.  The problem is that this is dating all the way back to 2001-2002 time frame and this doctor is not longer in town.  So, I'm at the mercy of whatever he left behind.  Supposedly, the Vertex people want documentation that we have been on the Peg-interferon (what date we started and what day we stopped).  I have all kinds of records for Infergen, in the notes, but that's not what they're looking for.  I sent the study nurse copies from the pharmacy records and a letter of approval from the insurance company that they'd sent to me where they mention that they will cover the cost of the Peg-Intron and the Copegus.  It seems to me that this would be good enough.   We'll see what happens w/it all.  I'll find out sometime over the next couple of weeks during this screening phase.

Susan
Like this is really what you need to deal with right now.

My original doc left his practise for another during my tx and it was difficult to get my medical records as well.  I'm not certain but believe that by law they have to maintain your medical records either in paper, scanned or microfilmed for quite some time.  You need to agressively press to get your records.

Let us know how you are progressing with the screening.  If anyone deserve another shot at SVR its you.
Maybe you're lucky they don't have your records (unless they've found them by now).  All my records have done for me is continually exclude me from getting treatment.  I'm so frustrated I could SCREAM!  I hope you get into PROVE 3 where you are.  I'll be cheering for you!
I seem a post of yours about T.M.E.P.   I recently found out I have it as well.  The doc told me to use clairatin or Aries.  Just curious on your knowledge to it now? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you.