Hepatitis C Community
treatment for hep c.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

treatment for hep c.

How advanced are they on finding a cure for hep c. I am taking Aloe Vera and am waiting for a product called biogetica. I would like you to follow up on this product. The doctor told me it will cure me and was insisting I try it for 5 to 6 months.
If you stick to your aloe vera, your aloe vera will stick to you.
Well, a fellow Canadian.  I've never heard of Aloe Vera as a treatment for Hep.C.  I do know that it has some amazing properties.  Have you checked out the possibility of treatment with Interferon?  That is what I'm doing, my viral load is down, but side effects can be difficult.  This treatment has been proven to be very successful.  Have you tried anything else?
Are you sure this doctor didn't say HPV and not HCV?  There is no holistic cure for HCV.  Interferon and ribavirin or the new PI's in combination with interferon and ribavirin currently in trial phase and that's it for cures.  We've seen similar advertisements many times....they are not cures.