treatment
i was diagnosed with hep c in 2004 and its took me 7 years to get the treatment due to the fact i used to be a self harmer and the treatment could make you deppressed, i started 16 weeks ago and iv never been more mentally stable, i no longer take my anti-depressants of which iv been on for almost 16 years (since i was 16), what is getting me down is the weight loss and my skin has started to peel, does anyone else have that problem? my skin peels like sun burn
Hi,nice for me to hear that you haven't experinced depression,because I'm going to start my hep treatment tomorrow!! and I'm very very scary.I've been eroin user for years,years ago.I've been self medication with antideppressive for long time and all that let me some kind of swing mood,so I'm scare abaut  the side effect of treatment.Never hear abaut people that developed skins prob ,way don't going to see a dermatologist?hope you can solve your problem at soon as possibleWhat say the heptologist abaut your skin prob?let me know.ziffy1
Hi! We are close in age, I will be 30 in January. i am on week 5, I do my 6th injection tomorrow. I am on trpple TX with Victrelis. Anyway, the thing I was most scared of was depression, i have never been depressed, but I was afraid to have my happieness taken from me. I feel like crap physically, but I am happy! :)... I did get a pretty bad rash, but I was able to get rid of it with a prescription cream. My skin and nasal passage is dry too. I moisturize with Aveno lotion 2 times a day, and it helps. I drink a ton of water too. I have been waking up blowing my nose and all kinds of blood comes out and the bottom of my feet are starting to peel, but nothing too bad. My doctor said to sleep with a humidifier, that may help with dryness. Good luck to you!
Hello, don't worry too much, just take it one day at a time. I have been clean and sober for 6 and a half years from heroin and methadone as well. I keep reminding myself, that if I feel bad from side effects, this is a cake walk compared to kicking heroin, or methadone withdrawls. You'll do fine, let me know if you need anything.

Ciera
Hi,and thank you for you word so I'm always afraid about talk of my past,maybe for my italian education.I'm happy to be free to talk.Anyway I let you know abaut what is going on tomorrow.nice meet you
Nice to meet you too! I am on week 5, and my viral load is <43! TX is working! :)
Ziffy you aren't the only one in here so don't feel bad please.....that is why many of us are in here you know, mistakes of our youth (past, young adulthood, adulthood whatever) are just mistakes. We all make them no matter who we are.

Just beat this disease and don't look back.
I noticed you mentioned having dry sinuses and such. Try getting a humidifier and use it while your sleeping. It's helped me alot. Learned that one 4 years ago on my first go round
i noticed the depression go away as soon as the virus was undetectable ... at about 2 weeks .. i felt physically horrible but no depression... the last two times i treated i felt the same thing ..and when i relapsed i could tell... for me the hep c virus causes severe depression ... i cant wait to get rid of that for life... good luck !! glad you are doing well !!

ps ive been on tx for 17 weeks now and i am starting to get depressed a bit in a different way... my dr said that is from the interferon and said i need to take an ssri ad .. i think im going to do that..
sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. What is an SSRI ad?