Hepatitis C Community
triple treatment for geno type 2

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

triple treatment for geno type 2

Seeing my Dr today and have a question about geno type 2 doing triple treatment with incivek. All that I have read say it has only been tested on type 1 and that type 2 is easier to treat so it is not needed. He he just being overly cautious? Just a question. thanks

Couple of things...there are currently trials going on with triple and geno 2"s and 3"s  however to date the only approved protocol for thses two types is  still the combo Peg/Riba.

And yes the success rate for treating type 2 is approx. 80% (doing 24 weeks) .. with Peg/Riba..so approx. the same as with triple on geno type 1

Will