Hepatitis C Community
twitching in the area of my liver.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

twitching in the area of my liver.

A couple of months ago, before I knew I had hep c, I began feeling a twitching sensation in the area of my liver. It seems to come and go without reason. I remember thinking this is strange. Now that I know I have hep c, I can't help but wonder if it is related. Has anyone  else experienced this strange (twitching sensation) and if so do you know what it is and what causes it ????
Never had my liver twitch,but ill tell my nose twitches on allergy season.
I have experienced the same thing.  Actually I never noticed it until I was diagnosed with hepc.  Sometimes I feel a dull ache or a slight burning sensation.  It continued all through my treatment even when my l was UND and my liver enzymes were normal. On occasion I still get those twinges  I know the gallbladder is located in the same area so that might be what I'm feeling.  In any event, whether it's my liver or something else I'm not really bothered by it.

Trinity  
i have been getting aches n slight pain in my liver area since i was bout 20 n i caught hep c when i was 15 n i got cured last yr n it still aches here n there but not as bad n on tx it ached alot more which i found strange but i got my svr n i hope my liver is ok.i am goin into get ultrasound 2moz to check it all out cos havnt had 1 for 10 yrs,im 30 now.
Becksta any way you could type a little more properly it's just absolutely impossible to read anything that you write sometimes......like using the word n for and .......... it would be much easier to respond to the things that you write if it wasn't so annoying to read them that people skip straight over.

You'd likely get many more responses this way.
My liver is currently twitching. I don't have hep c, I'm recovering from liver damage. Some say the liver can't twitch, but I don't think they know what they're talking about. I've had my kidneys twitch in the past also. I have experienced plenty of liver pain over the last several years and now it's less pain and a lot of twitching. My stress level is so high, if I could legally buy a gun, I'd be dead by now.
"My stress level is so high, if I could legally buy a gun, (I'd be dead by now)"

Wow, thank God you can't buy a gun!  The only time I've ever noticed any movement in my liver area was when I drank too much and I was going thru a hangover.  I called it quivering but I guess it could have been twitching.  good luck to you
colon spasms sound more likely to me.
What you can't buy a gun? Why can't u buy a gun?
I can't buy a gun becaaue I'm a felon. If I try to get a gun illegally and something goes wrong, then I'll be facing suicide in prison. The penalty will be a guaranteed 15-30 years, due to my record. Suicide in prison is getting more difficult these days and frankly, I'd prefer to die outside of prison. If I end my life, it'll be by hanging in the woods, since I don't want to die in this hell hole apartment. Suicide by hanging doesn't seem like a great way to go, but I have no choice but to think about these things and prepare. I am trying to live, but most days I don't see any hope. I have many issues, including chronic pain.
I am glad you cant buy a gun if that was what you were thinking of i was thinking more homicide then suicide lol but either is bad so lets get off of this bad train of thought. I know this is hard and i am so sorry for that for you and everyone going through it and it may be little solace but others have gone through it and made it so you can too. I am a gloomy gladice most of the time so i get where you say you dont see any hope but i also know that i normally dont see it because i am not looking! i am only looking at the pain or the discomfort right in front of me. sv try to take a look out side of your self and see what beauty there is in the world and joy in small victories! Like today i ate a whole box of cookies and didnt throw up. ok that was dumb but those cookies were good really good and i dont care about the 5lbs i am gonna gain from them because i am sure when i start treatment (within the next mth or so) i will lose it. Maybe i can walk it off before then lol! Anyway what i am trying to say is if you were meant to be dead you would be you are still on this earth for a reason and you feel the way you do for a reason maybe its to learn something, maybe its to teach someone something, maybe its both start looking for reasons please. and i hope this didnt sound preachy i didnt mean it that way your comment just worried me a little bit. if you need to talk pm okay? okay
cas
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Dee1956 commented on VICourageous's status
May 02
Vendetta2016 commented on Is It the Common Cold...
May 02
Track your weight over time