Hepatitis C Community
undetectable?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

undetectable?

is undetectable the same as cured?
What week of treatment are you in?  Undetectable is undetected virus. SVR is surreal virological response. When you achieve SVR you are considered cured. At the bottom of the page is a list of abbr.  If your on a computer I think it's the same, if not try the rights side column.  :)  
Sentence missing, I'm on an iPad. :):)
SVR--sustained virological response. Never do this with a headache. Ouch!!!
Hi Mzkity, SVR is sustained viral response, although it may seem surreal at times.
Hi morganmagdalene, one must be UND for 6 mo after end of treatment to be SVR, and at that time would be considered cjred.
Cured, not cjred...
I couldn't even get it the second time!!! Lol!!
"Is undetectable the same as cured?"

NO...in the 20 years since my diagnoised my HCV has been at undetectable levels....trace they would say to me....  This left me feeling that with Naomi Judd running around on TV I was cured too.  Wrong.  Two years later my HCV level would be extremely high again or at least of concern.  Went "undetectable" two or three times.

Again...this is not a medical expert opinion...just my experience.  Several times I just didn't think I had anything to worry about because they would say back then that I was undetectable so I thought I was in the clear.

Not...sitting here today with Stage 4 ESLD w/decomp liver and an extremely high HCV load.  

Stay on top of it.  
Hi There.  Haven't heard from you since you began treatment.  Must be doing really good.  Looks like you have responded really well to treatment.  Your undetected at 4 weeks and that is a really good sign.   Really happy for you that your tolerating Incivek and undetected at 4 weeks.  When you finish your treatment, you will be tested 3 months post treatment to see if you undetected after treatment.  This is a very important test to see if you still
remain undetected after treatment.  It also, is a pretty good sign you will stay undetected.  You will again be tested at 6 months after completing treatment.
Undetected at 6 months after treatment means you have been CURED/SVR.

Remember that you will also be tested in another 8 weeks.  This will be your
12 week test.  If you are undetected at 12 weeks, your treatment will only last 24 weeks.   You will again be test at 24 weeks to see if you have remained undetected.  If you are detected at 12 weeks- you will continue treatment for 48 weeks.    

Congratulation on being undetected at 4 weeks :). That's Great News
have had some serious digestive shut down....could not think of food w/o heaving,....am bout to complete inciveck.....no rash...whew....am recovering energy quickly but only because im on such a low dose if ribavirin right now. questionable tradeoff for me...feel better but lower antiviral? don't know how to feel but am following drs orders closely....thanx for the interest. I just stopped posting cause was in a very scary dark place for a bit...may have to return there if my blood levels ever normalize! blessing to all affected by this confusing relentless virus!
Make sure you get something for nausea from your doctor.  Zofran is prescription medication lots of people take while treating on incivek.  You don't want to be throwing any of the pills your taking.  They can also prescribe suppositories for nausea if you really can keep meds down.

It still good to hear from you...hang in there
I totally agree with happy, get an Rx for Zofran. It just dissolves on your tongue and within 20 minutes the nausea is gone. Unlike every other anti-nausea pill I've ever been given, this one doesn't cause sedation. I had no sx whatsoever from it, only the bliss of relief from that overwhelming nausea and retching. Advance warning: in very rare cases (judging by comments here at medhelp) it will not help nausea but will instead cause headache. I've heard of hundreds helped and only 1 or maybe 2 that got a headache instead. I never would have achieved SVR without it, as I wouldn't have made it past week 2 or 3 of the Incivek.