Hepatitis C Community
very important

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

very important

i have antibodies of virus c. i have done further examination (BCR) and the result came back as less than 15 units.. well tom i have a procedure blood test for my new job and i was wondering if there is anything i can do so the result wouldnt come out as possitive?? if anyonw know a way around it plz inform me since its very important
If you have ever been exposed to HCV and you cleared the virus by your own immune system(happens in approx. 15-25% of cases)  you will always test positive for the "antibodies" ,however this will cause you no harm nor is it at all being HCV contagious
Or possibly the positive "antibodies " test was a "false positive" which happens on occasion.

You mention a BCR test ..was this possibly a HCV PCR test you meant?  and if so was the lab  negative or  Undetected? ,,which would also mean there is no active virus to be concerned with.

best...

Will