victrlis triple meds programme
Starting on victrelis triple medication in about a fortnight, i have had hep c for nearly 30 years, and have been waiting for a better treatment programme, being a geno 1a--the success rate was not good-- but am now waiting, doing all my last minute check-ups, and begin on the 6th of june -- anyone got any good advice-- so far have just heard about the bad effects,, and to that i say, at the end of the 48 weeks or whole long it will take me-- i just want my liver to be whole and clean again cheers jen
no moved back home to tassie 2 years ago-
Hello - I was G1 and started tipple therapy with victrellis in May 2012.  I worked through treatment missed about 4 days in total.  I was very fatigued but did not have as many symptoms as others.  I had a low hemoglobin on two occasions which was managed by a reduction in Ribavirin and Procrit injections weekly.  My skin as dry, my temper was short, metal taste in my mouth and random manageable pain in my legs.  

My 4 week lead in with peg and RIBA resulted in a .9 log drop before introducing Vic.  You're supposed to have at least a 1 log drop but my physician was not concerned.  By wk 8 I was undetected and stayed that way.

Goals: drink plenty of water my goal was 128oz a day. Purchase a good dry skin cream others will chime in about the different kinds.  I used Aquaphor (sp?).  The goal is to have your physician manage the side effects with you, address them immediately it's easier that was.  Make sure you complete you lab work on the same day every time.   I took my shots on Saturday therefore blood wool was on Friday mornings end the end of that week.  Get the full time period in before labs work, stay consistent.

Check in as often as you can on this board, the collective wisdom is brilliant.  This cyber family helped me and understood my challenges.  We all can relate. I completed treatment in 28 wks and 6 months later I graduated to SVR.  

Hope this helps and get ready to slay this dragon.  You can do this.
Kind regard
SRW
SRW gave you some good advice.

I was on triple with Incivek so don't have experience with Vic.

I would just add be sure to have a baseline eye exam with a retinal scan prior to treatment. Tell the opthamologist that you will be on Interferon, Riba, and Vic.

Also, get your teeth cleaned and get any dental work  done before treatment starts. Then, during treatment get your teeth cleaned every 3-6 months. The drugs can cause dental and gum problems so you want to stay on top of that.

Post on the forum if you get side effects. We have remedies for many/most side effects because we have been through them too. We are more than will to help with information and give support.
Welcome to the forum and don't forget to get copies of your lab work.  Very important!  I didn't have problems with hemoglobin as much as most but I did have low ANC levels where I had to take Neuprogen shots.  It's not a cakewalk but it's doable.  Please let us know how you are doing

Jules
thank-you so much, you have lifted my spirits already, yes! i have been having consults already with the two that will be looking after me, and my own doc, appointment with her for my final check before i start, and the doc at the hospital is very nice also- but to have found you guys, it feels good already, i think i will have a few probs, but at least i know what i'm facing, so thank-you for your help--every little thing does make it seem easier
thanks-- a bit more info-- going to my doc friday, and off to have a heart check up-- but will def do the eye exam, because that is one thing that may give me a few probs, but i deal with nausea most days, the bloody virus is starting to think it has permanent residence-- so thanks and hope i can keep in touch with all you kind people, i don't have anyone else here, except my hubby, moved here 2 years ago from canberra-- cheers xxx
thanks jules, i will be in touch with you all i'm sure, i will need the extra support, and yes will be keeping a good check on my bloods,, have had this so long, from a trasfusion, saved my life, but gave me the visitor, then it took up residence, no-one could tell me then and for 20 years what was wrong with me-- just i had a virus, or had had one, stopped going, i felt like a hypercondriac, so stopped chasing the answer-- but after a bad infection, and pneumonia, the doc said he would check for all the virus's including aids, he didn;t believe i had it, but it had all got out of hand, always had the flu, but it was a bit of a shock, and then we found out how it happened, but there was no hepc until after 1999o anyway, but all good now, i will beat it with you guys in my corner as well-- thank-you once again x
Hi there,
Above posters summed up treatment quite well. My story is similar to srw920.
I worked full time. A little bit of exercise helped with the anxiety I had; keep a good attitude.
It will help to come to this forum with your questions. Get your ducks in a row and good luck.
C
thanks so much- just getting it all together now- and this all helps, i will be trying to get out and about and keep the fluids up-- anything else anyone, i am taking it all on board, because this has to work,, hugs xx