Hepatitis C Community
viral count-

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

viral count-

i have been diagosed with hep c- genatype one in sept-o6- i am going to take treatment probably at end of april- however -my vialcount was 5,000,000 in sept. 06 and while waioting for treatment decisions i started a liver function herb called sst -  (sho-saiko-to } only 2 months on it so far-i did a viral test and my  my count went down to 900,000. from 5 million 2 months before- this herb is the only treatment used in china and countries of the like and there are clinical trials showing success rate of 50 % plus-it dopse not promis total absense but dose suspend virus  to a safe as possible status- i will do another test in about amonth because it was to take 3-4 months- any input from anydody would be appreciated- thank you- walt in connecticut
my vl was only 154,000 and i was stage 3-3 after 37 years. low vl has no affect on damage.

what info did you use to decide to tx now and not to wait for better drugs? if you have no or little damage you do not need tx right this moment. success for geno 1 is only 45% after 48 weeks.

if there was a cure for hcv even in MOZAMBIQUE it would be known around the world.
i am a stage  3 on biopsy thats why i will probably treat - however i would of liked to have waited and if i am indeed suspending the virus with no further damage then i would- by the way the herb has been and recorded in several clinical trials in several countries but u.s.- againn it dose not boost that it cures , only suspoends    the virus  - but this could be all i need until new cures are here- my thoughts are that  if all my levels are greatly improved as they are and my viral count is dropping rapidly dose anyone have input or thoughts that this is working--  thank you-w.s.
you can purchase it800-996-4778- also website-www.HepZone.com-i first got it from a doctor but found it in liver health magazine andadvertized in hepititis (hepatitis) mag-- there is  info on the clinical trials available from the manufacturer- good luck-
ws where did you get the herb sho saiko to....i may have no choice but to go that way..i'll look it up on the net...thanks billy
the viral load fluctuates on a daily basis so the sst may of had nothing to do with it. i would be careful with that supplement, i have read it can cause other problems. the reason they use supplements/herbs in other countries is because most can not afford the cost of treatment, $40,000+ for one year and more if rescue drugs are needed. unfortunately the only thing that "can possibly" cure HCV is the present harsh tx of interferon & ribavirin. myself and many are hoping that something better comes along or at least shortens the duration of tx. best of luck to you whatever you decide.
Recently diagnosed w/Hep C - infected 30 yrs ago.  Ultrasound, Liver Scan, Blood work show no liver damage (how can they tell without Bioposy)?  My viral count is 22million (what is normal?)  Dr. said it didn't matter but seems everyone with alot less have had to have treatment.  Going to Dr. today and would like to know what viral count means in regard to status of Hep C liver damage.  Any help appreciated.
This herb is listed under poisonous plants by the FDA http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/Plantox/Detail.CFM?ID=23955

it cause inflammation of the lungs.   Please do ample research before you decide you really want to take the risk.

Sincerly,
cynthia
as long as the virus is active, it is eating your liver. The VL is not an indication of amount of damage being done.

Active is active & these herbs do not obliterate the virus.