Hepatitis C Community
viral load

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

viral load

i've been taking boceprevir & the two other drugs for 9 weeks now the first 4 weeks is the lead in drugs, my viral load was 1,350,000 to start after 4 weeks it droped to 158,000 thousand after the thrid drug was added, after 8 weeks my viral load is now under 12  we were hoping for undetectable, now i'll be on the three drug therapy for 48 weeks , my question is will i retain a undetectable viral load sometime in the near futrue
If your not und by week 24 then treatment will stop, the odds are you will be. That said 48 weeks will be the whats called for and is very important since you didn't have quite a 1 log drop by week 4... Hang in there, wishing you the best
    I hope others will comment soon because there are so many more knowledgeable  people on this forum.  I am hoping  you will be undectected at your next test, so be very diligent about taking your medications correctly. I am assuming you have cirrhosis or they wouldn't be recommending the triple therapy up to week 48.  I think people with cirrohis take a little longer sometimes to become undectable  with their viral load.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  I hope you are doing well after Sandy, hang in there.  Also this forum is great, these people will guide you through all the symptoms and offer help with everything.
In his case it has nothing to do with cirrhosis. Its whats called for in their guidelines if one does not have an eRVR, so its 48 weeks. Plus since is response to interferon was not that great it makes it even more important.
" I think people with cirrohis take a little longer sometimes to become undectable  with their viral load."

Not sure what makes you think that, but it is not the case, it is suggested that people that is cirrhotic do 48 weeks no matter how fast they become und. Why is that, we are harder to cure....
Sorry if I got that wrong, I won't offer anymore advice to anyone.
Didn't mean to upset you, heck I am always glad when I learn something here.........
You have a good chance of being UND at your next viral load draw.

There are several of us who had to do 48 weeks because we did not ontain an eRVR (UND at week 4 of all 3 meds ..... UND week 4 of Incivek and IND at week 8 of Victrelis).

I was DET at week 4 on Incivek and UND at week 8 on Incivek. I remained UND for the rest of the 48 weeks. I ended treatment on Aug. 25th and am waiting to have a 12 week post end of treatment VL.  Another guy had exactly the same situation as I did. He was also UND at end of treatment and he is UND at 12 weeks post end of treatment.

You still have a very good chance of becoming UND and staying that way. Just keep your eye on the prize (SVR/cure).

By the way, Can-do is correct that you need to do 48 weeks because you did not obtain an eRVR.  
I was not UND at 4 weeks (det <43) with incivek and had to do 48 wks, I was undetectable at 3 months post tx (99.7% predictor for SVR) will have my 6 month PCR in jan
I finished 48 weeks with Victrelis 6 weeks ago and was still detectable at week 12.  Sometime between weeks 12 and 24 I became undetectable and remained so at EOT.   Rescue meds were needed to avoid dose reduction in my case (cirrhosis).

Keep plugging, as others have said you have a very good chance of becoming UND soon and reaching SVR..
i have always been on time taking the meds, thats the key to your cure nov. 28 wk. 12 my next blood work, i'll keep everyone in formed , on weeks 13 when the results come back
  Good luck to you, for obtaining a Und at your 12 week labs.
  Good for you, for being absolutely consistent, when taking your meds. As you can see, by HrsePwrGuys' post, that staying strong and determined yields excellent results.
are you done , taking the meds, i have no side effects from the meds , so now when i go get the  shot every wk. at the v.a. hosp. i kid with my doc. that i'm getting this twitch, then he ask about the twitch and i say what twitch
no i do not have chirosis, thank god , everyone is different when taking the meds my next viral load test is nov. 28  , after 8 weeks if your viral load is below 100 mine was 12 you get to keep going with the 3 drugs , after 12 weeks i'll give blood to see what my viral load is then, i'll let you know first wednesday in dec.thaks everyone for the help, theblueones
I am on triple w/ Victrellis also and did#28 last friday night. My stats are very close to yours. My baseline was 625000,tw4(very early 14hrs after shot4)was 156000, tw6 vl 256 , tw8 vl <43 det, , tw12 (very early again) <43 det, Sometime between week 12 and week 19 finally got UND. TW24 UND (you have to be UND on week 24 or treatment stops per protocol also you have to be <100 at week 12 or treatment stops . I will be doing 48 weeks total and doing Victrellis all the way through week 48 because of my less than 1log drop on TW4  lead in with peg & rib. Otherwise not being UND at week 8 but by week 24 and having a greater than 1 log drop on week 4 would have stopped victrellis @week 36 and done peg/rib to tw48.
So we aren't quite as lucky as the ones doing 28 weeks, but we are lucky to still be in the game and have much better chances than previous treatments. The down side to 48week tx is enduring side effects, anemia, low platelets low white blood count  and others. I have been fortunate not not had to have any reductions in meds yet but still have 20 more weeks to go.. Good luck, Ray  
do you remember what your viral load was after week 8 my  viral load was 12, my next viral load will be nov. 28,week 12 i'm betting it will be undetectable