what this ultrasound results mean?
I am not sure if someone here can help me on this:

I am 37 years old a chronic hep carrier for 14 years.
My blood test of liver function is normal. ALT is normal (I made a mistake of not testing them between 2007 and 2012, otherwise, yearly testing are normal). Creatinine and Bilirubin are normal. I have no any symptoms up to now.
Below please find my most recent ultrasound. My questions is:

1. what does the report in general mean?
2. The report says echopattern is normal but echo texture is coarse, why? (I think echo pattern is equivalent to echo texture)
3. Can stage 1 and 2, 3 cirrhosis been seen in ultrasound as coarse texture,  or only stage 4?

Ultrasound of abdomen:
the gallabladder is normally distended, there are not gallstones present, no wall thickening and no bile duct dilatation.
the liver isnormal in size and echopattern. The spleen, pancreas and both kidneys are normal with no solid mass, large cyst, significant hydronephrosis or renal calculus.
the aorta is a normal calibre and there is no retroperitoneal adenopathy
Impression:
Normal abdominal ultrasound. The hepatic echo texture is coarse which might reflect some hepatocellular disease; there is no focal abnomality present.
You are so fortunate! It sounds like everything is in great shape. Have you considered treating to prevent cirrhosis from forming?
If you treat, you can move on with your life without liver damage. I wish you the best.
Karen:)
thank you crossroadsec !

but why the report says "hepatic echo texture is coarse which might reflect some hepatocellular disease"

I checked many websites; most of them indicate "coarse texture" means cirrhosis already. Is that true?
The interpretation of any diagnostic test like this should come from the physician that order such
.
In general terms this statement:
"The hepatic echo texture is coarse which might reflect some hepatocellular disease; there is no focal abnomality present.

Means there is some liver inflamation (injury of some kind going on ,possibly "fatty liver"  and since you do have HCV that would be not be a suprise finding.

No' focal abnormality"  : again in general terms means no unforseen masses found.

Again...An interpretation from your doctor would be in order.

Good luck..
Will

The finding of coarse texture would worry me. Ultrasounds are not perfect tests for evaluating liver health, so it may be just an anomaly of how the test was performed, but I would think it certainly calls for additional investigation. If your doctor thinks the same way he will probably want to order a liver biopsy to be sure of whether you have fibrosis or cirrhosis. In the meantime I would suggest that you start seriously thinking about treating to get rid of that virus before it can really destroy your liver. A common misconception amongst patients, and even some doctors, is that as long as your liver enzymes are okay your liver is doing okay. This is not true! Many of us on this forum have been diagnosed with cirrhosis in spite of having acceptable enzyme levels. The best way to be sure is with a biopsy, although some doctors are starting to rely on a fibrosure or an MRI elastography test. They really can't tell for certain with the enzyme blood test or the ultrasound. The other thing you should be aware of is that you shouldn't drink any alcohol.
Hi Karen,
Thank you!

I just could not understand why echopattern is normal but echo texture is coarse. What does echopattern mean?

-Danny
Thank you so much, ceanothus !!!

-Danny
Hi they are not the same thing which I think has been explained.

The liver is supposed to be smooth.  As damage occurs it becomes     coarse in texture vs smooth.

As time goes on and the virus continues to cause scarring and damage

You have been given great advice here and on the other forums, I thought I would add this site

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pathology-Diagnostic/show/1693
Hi Dee,

Thank you so much for the suggestions!

Danny
I have to admit, I don't really know the difference between coarse echo pattern and coarse echo texture, but I did a quick google on it and based on the results I got there it sounds like the echo pattern is used more to determine what is in the liver tissue, to show fatty liver (steatosis), whereas the echo texture is indicative of the physical texture of the liver (fibrosis), keeping in mind that its not a very perfect measure.  Also keep in mind that this was only my quick effort and I can't be sure I got it right, but I guess its a start anyway.
thank you so much ceanothus!

Danny