Hepatitis C Community
what to watch for??

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

what to watch for??

I Started today I'm geno type 1 also stage 3  heard the doc say that I have 1.3 million copies yes that's how I'M GOING TO CALL THEM.LOL  Had my first shot at 11:30 I still feel good. The reason I started this is my husband is on the work up for the transplant list, and trust me I think that if there's a possibility  to cure it do it. my husband suffers every day. I'm knew to this so anything u could tell me I thank you.
I see that your treating with incivek.  It would be very beneficial to you to
go to "Hepatitis.va.gov" and read the booklet on incivek .  This is very important that you read all the information.  I was were you are in the beginning and I wish someone would have told me to read the "Hepatitis.va.gov" information.  You can also type " Incivek 20 grams of fat"
in the search box on the this Hepatitis C Community heading.

Seriously there is so much that goes beyond one post it is difficult to say. Plus I don't want to freak you out since there can be some horrible side effects with Incivek but they do not happen to everyone. I did not get any skin irritations or anal burning on Incivek. I developed bad nausea and vomiting in the beginning and didn't really start asking questions until then. It went away though and it was just being sure to take the three doses a day with the 20 grams of fat which while disgusting is doable.

The thing about the 20 grams of fat is what worked one week would be unpalatable the following week.  I used to be over weight so I avoided junk food and tried to keep it healthy  (nuts, salmon, cheese) but toward the end of the 12 week period it got to were I was barely eating at all so I did break down and have stuff like sugar free ice cream.

Be sure you have your four week labs on time since the VL for that lab largely determines how long you treat. Plus keep an eye on your Hgb since both Riba and Incivek can cause haemolytic anaemia. Keep copies of all your labs as the people on here can help you learn how to interpret some of the more telling values. Don't be alarmed though since as treatment progresses many values on the CBC can fluctuate wildly.

Here is the workbook for triple with Telaprevir (Incivek) Don'tWorry mentioned on http://www.hepatitis.va.gov/

http://www.hepatitis.va.gov/pdf/telaprevir-workbook.pdf

It has sample medication schedules similar to the one you asked about in your other post.
I saw the Doctor today and told me that he was so sorry but it was best that I stop do to the severe rash and itching that I got. still have it but I'm taking something for it atarax 50mg  and some lotion and told to wait for new meds that are coming out. at least I could say that I gave it my all but it did not work for me... thanks guys I'll keep u posted.
Hi Tania sorry you got pulled off so early. I started May 10 2013 and just started today to see what appears to be a small spot of rash, I'm keeping an eye on it very close but the itch is making me crazy. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come , Ido second shot tommorow .