Hepatitis C Community
when does it end ?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

when does it end ?

Curious did 24 wks trip tx and done (und) been over two wks , when does this horrible feeling end, still feel tired all the time, still have a little rash, blood sugars (cant control).. how long after tx do you quit feeling crappy, for those of you that know me, I had a really hard time with tx, but I made it, now how much longer......
Tags: Hepatitis
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
You will feel better, you just need to be patient.
You didn't ask to get this virus. It is not your fault nor is it your fault that the meds are strong and take time to leave your body.
This simply is the way it is. It is not within your control but there are some things you CAN do.

Get out and walk, smell the fresh air, read a book, watch some comedies and put your mind in another place.
This too shall pass.
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
It does improve but it also takes time.
Do make sure you are eating well and exercising.

My hepatologist said most of his patients are clear of all post-tx sxs but three months after stopping.

I felt somewhat better within a month. Then I had some GI problems for another month.That scared me, but I cut out all hard to digest food and kept walking and it improved.
But my joy did not return for a full 3 months.
Nevertheless, during that time, I felt better than when on tx.

Get out in the fresh air, if you can, and walk. Look at the sky. Smell the scents and remember, you are alive, you're liver is healing and put your mind somewhere else.

Good luck
Blank
2094297_tn?1345392693
  Thanks
Blank
6-8 wks and you'll feel a lit better.
Blank
it took me about 4 to 8 weeks to start feeling better, but still have some lingering issues with memory and attention deficit.  
blessings
eric
Blank
I felt vast improvements at 6 weeks and then again at 3 months, and yet again around the 6 month period.  I'm 10 months out, still not perfect, but looking back, boy have I come along way!

Hang in there, it does get better.  

Jillybean
Blank
2094297_tn?1345392693
  I guess the bottom line is that after tx I thought it would not be bad, and I was telling everyone that my old self would be back better and improved, now that is not the case and I feel like I am letting everyone down.....sad
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
You will feel better, you just need to be patient.
You didn't ask to get this virus. It is not your fault nor is it your fault that the meds are strong and take time to leave your body.
This simply is the way it is. It is not within your control but there are some things you CAN do.

Get out and walk, smell the fresh air, read a book, watch some comedies and put your mind in another place.
This too shall pass.
Blank
2114467_tn?1358213856
You know, the first couple of weeks post tx, I was still pretty tired. Now at 10 and 1/2 weeks I'm noticing some big changes. The recovery is now gaining some momentum. It's crazy how you can start feeling somewhat normal, and the next day is a reminder of the poison still in the body.

It is a slow process, so be patient. The good days are coming.
C
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank