Hepatitis C Community
when does it end ?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

when does it end ?

Curious did 24 wks trip tx and done (und) been over two wks , when does this horrible feeling end, still feel tired all the time, still have a little rash, blood sugars (cant control).. how long after tx do you quit feeling crappy, for those of you that know me, I had a really hard time with tx, but I made it, now how much longer......
Tags: Hepatitis
You will feel better, you just need to be patient.
You didn't ask to get this virus. It is not your fault nor is it your fault that the meds are strong and take time to leave your body.
This simply is the way it is. It is not within your control but there are some things you CAN do.

Get out and walk, smell the fresh air, read a book, watch some comedies and put your mind in another place.
This too shall pass.
It does improve but it also takes time.
Do make sure you are eating well and exercising.

My hepatologist said most of his patients are clear of all post-tx sxs but three months after stopping.

I felt somewhat better within a month. Then I had some GI problems for another month.That scared me, but I cut out all hard to digest food and kept walking and it improved.
But my joy did not return for a full 3 months.
Nevertheless, during that time, I felt better than when on tx.

Get out in the fresh air, if you can, and walk. Look at the sky. Smell the scents and remember, you are alive, you're liver is healing and put your mind somewhere else.

Good luck
6-8 wks and you'll feel a lit better.
it took me about 4 to 8 weeks to start feeling better, but still have some lingering issues with memory and attention deficit.  
blessings
eric
I felt vast improvements at 6 weeks and then again at 3 months, and yet again around the 6 month period.  I'm 10 months out, still not perfect, but looking back, boy have I come along way!

Hang in there, it does get better.  

Jillybean
  I guess the bottom line is that after tx I thought it would not be bad, and I was telling everyone that my old self would be back better and improved, now that is not the case and I feel like I am letting everyone down.....sad

This too shall pass.
You know, the first couple of weeks post tx, I was still pretty tired. Now at 10 and 1/2 weeks I'm noticing some big changes. The recovery is now gaining some momentum. It's crazy how you can start feeling somewhat normal, and the next day is a reminder of the poison still in the body.

It is a slow process, so be patient. The good days are coming.
C