Hepatitis C Community
when will I die

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

when will I die

Gday pill poppers.I have a very simple question.What is my life expectancy now that I have finished tx?I am 43, did 48wks tx,I am geno3,have early stages of cirrohsis,(compensated),just finished tx,was UND at week 16,had hep c for 23 years,did riba and inter,(standard dose), no booze.what do you all reckon?
       GJA-greg
Next Tuesday at 2:18 AM.  Just kidding, I'm is the same boat.  I was told if we clear the virus that we have a 90 something percent chance that we will die from some other unrelated reason.  We have about 45 percent chance that our livers will actually improve.  Good luck!
im under the impression that after succesful tx the repair can be as much as 2 stages from where you were.iu for only one,is quite convinced that they are developing drugs to heal hep c damage.actually when my infergen treatment is done iu has shown an interest in trying some of these drugs on me.you guys will be hearing a lot more about daily infergen in the future.its kicking ass on prior nonresponders.
Who knows? Be careful to wear your seal belt and look both ways before crossing the street. Be suspicious of everything you eat if a family member takes out a large ins policy on you. Have your palm read to see if you have a long life line. (I don't) Take naps, stay away from ladders (both on them and walking under them) Don't smoke, excercise regularly and pray hard.
Hope this helps!
Bug
i have been reading alot about hepc and it has been surprising and good to hear that the liver can regenerate and we can be fairly healthy...i know your stage is worse than mine but i just wanted to tell you the positive stuff i read!!
a very close friend of our family who is now around the age of 68, was told 30 years ago that he had cirrhosis of the liver and to get his affairs in order. He did not have HCV but drank VERY heavily.  He lived in the North and told his wife he would not end his life in the cold, so he moved South.  30 years later he is still kicking, and pretty good too.  While he gave up alcohol for a period, he occasionally has a glass of wine.   He may be a rarity, but it confirms to me that everyone is different, and perhaps his doctor wanted to scare him into changing his lifestyle.  In any event, he is still here - great news!
arent you guys funny.thankyou.i understand
I just died laughing. 12:17 A.M. June 7th.. thanks to you.LOL LOL
What is the test you did that told you your status is early chirrosis (cirrhosis) ?
biopsy