white count
My white count is 2.2 so I have to have weekly blood test. Are there any adverse effects from it being so low? Besides my immune system being crap.
you should look at your anc(absolute neutrophil count) the neutrophils are the bacteria fighting white blood cells and generally what your dr is monitoring when on treatmeant. the interferon destroys those white blood cells. If your anc gets to .5 (500) or below they will usually put you on an neupogen which does a very good job and increasing production to safe levels.

My total white blood count during my current treatment has been as low as 1.2 and anc at .25 so at your level you are safe.

Your resistance to viral infections should be strong because the interferon is boosting this part of your immune system.

How long have you been treating for?

Welcome to the forum,
Dave
Dave gave you an excellent answer. I'd like to add thsat you should try to stay away from sick people and wash your hands frequently. Your counts are not so low that you should be at increased risk (most hep patients don't get sick from low counts) but try to take extra good cre of yourself at any rate. Good luck.
What does your doc say is causing this?

White blood cell count (leukocyte count): The number of white blood cells (WBCs) in the blood. The WBC is usually measured as part of the CBC (complete blood count). White blood cells are the infection-fighting cells in the blood. There are different types of white blood cells, including neutrophils (polymorphonuclear leukocytes; PMNs), band cells (slightly immature neutrophils), T-type lymphocytes (T cells), B-type lymphocytes (B cells), monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils. All the types of white blood cells are reflected in the white blood cell count. The normal range for the white blood cell count varies between laboratories but is usually between 4,300 and 10,800 cells per cubic millimeter of blood. This can also be referred to as the leukocyte count and can be expressed in international units as 4.3 - 10.8 x 109 cells per liter.

A low white blood cell count is called leukopenia. Leukopenia weakens your immune system and puts you at a high risk of infections. People suffering from leukopenia are more prone to cancer and AIDS.

hectorsf
I realized that I assumed that you had hep c and that you were treating. A lot of assuming.

Hector actually seemed to read your post and responded. A lot of things could be causing low white blood cells.

Good luck,
Dave