will prednisone and imuran interfere with hormone replacement therapy?
I have been diagnosed with stage 1-2 autoimmune hepititis. I have been on 30mg of prednisone and 50mg of imuran for 2 weeks. The goal is to reduce the prednisone until I am eventually only on imuran  I had a complete hysterectomy several years ago, now using a .075 vivelle dot estrogen patch and a very low dose testerone patch for libido.  The last few days I have been experiencing night sweats and hot flashes during the day.  I have never had this before taking the pred. & imuran. everything was working good with the patches. I also am experiencing heart palpitations and hypertension. I hope to go to 20 mg of prednisone this week
you have one very medical specific question that should be directed to your GYN. most here are patients with hep c and might not have any familiarity with the conditions you mentioned.
Hi Caron

I have AIH and have been treated for 1 year.  I was started on pred and Imuran, now I'm on Imuran alone.  While taking pred my blood pressure went up also my glucose level and I got night sweats and hot flashes.  My last day of pred was Nov 1 and since then, my blood pressure is back to normal, so is my glucose and no more night sweats.  I think pred is probably the drug causing the symptoms you mentioned.

There are only a couple of us with AIH here.  There is a good forum with only AIH at Autoimmunehepatitis.co.uk and if you have yahoo there is a email support group Autoimmune_Hepatiti***@****.

I have found these to be very helpful and you will find out you are not alone.  There is a very good chance that someone will have an answer for you.  If I can help you let me know.

Hang in there
Maari
Hi Scott

Hope things are going well for you.  Are you going to start treatment for AIH? I'm feeling much better since my RA put me on Prevacid Napra Pac. Have not had a blood test since Feb, will have one in 3 weeks.  So I hope my LFT are still OK.

Maari