Hepatitis C Community
wondering about 2 week tx results of vl

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

wondering about 2 week tx results of vl

Just had a 2 week test done on vl.....now at beginning i was told vl was 6million, and now after 2 weeks, 27000, but what i dont know for sure is if both are in copies, or in iu/ml....can someone tell me if the chances are that i started with copies, and is still tested in copies. or do they start to measure with iu/ml once treatment starts.....and if so, is this a good number, or not? what do you think chances are with these numbers, in both cases, thanks in advance, hopeful!

Starting VL 6000000 -> 6.78 Logs
Ending VL 27000 -> 4.43 Logs

= Log Drop 2.35 Logs

http://www.hcvsociety.org/files/HCVLogDropCalc.htm
______________________________
Hepatitis C Viral Load
The phrase "hepatitis C viral load" refers to the amount of hepatitis C virus in a person's blood. The results of this test (known as a viral RNA test or HCV RNA test) are usually expressed as International Units/mL (IU/mL) or RNA copies/mL.

The measure of a patient's viral load can help the healthcare provider diagnose hepatitis C, predict treatment success, and assess how well a treatment program is working.

http://hepatitis-c.emedtv.com/hepatitis-c/hepatitis-c-viral-load.html
Thanks for clarifying, so do i worry this is not a good enough drop, as my doc asked me if i was taking the meds, with tone that it was not a good number to have at 2 weeks, should i worry now, i do realize i have a lot of time to clear, but i just want to know with results, is this considered good, mid range, or bad? thank you for the first post, did not even think i would have a response by now, so so very appreciative of your fast response time, and care to help others,
thank you for the response, i sent a response back to you , but i actually must have repllied to myself...ok, so im wondering also, why first two weeks, all pain stopped in ruq, and felt like a million, but on 3rd week, now i feel like i did right before tx, is this a possible chance it did not work and it is a breakthrough?i have lymph swelling, pain is  back, feel bad but doesnt seem as though its sx, more like the hepc itself
Just started tx and for first two weeks i noticed marked improvements in my wellbeing, pains, and so forth, but on the start of the 3rd week, it all came back, and im wondering, even though i dropped 2 logs in 2 weeks , is it possible that i am beginning to have my vl go back up? i believe what they call a breakthrough, i am having sx, but minimal, however, most of the feelings i have seem to be same as just before i started tx, so im scared this may be the meds quit working, can this happen, and does this happen often geno1a, vl 6million to start, and 27000 at end of 2nd week. but im scared to do new blood work cuz i think it may have crept back up. if so, can it still come down again, or is this absolutely impossible to drop again?
I am in my 5th week and I felt the same in the first 2 weeks, really great. In week 3 some of the old symtoms (symptoms) came back. However my 4 week blood tests showed that liver panel imroved

I started Incivek in week 4 ( abit unusual) and I feel good again.

I do not think there is anything to give us certainty except the blood tests at week 4, 8, 12, etc

We will just have to wait and hope for the best

Good luck!
thanks, gives me hope, and why would i have started incivek from the very beginning, and you only on the 4 or 5th week? do you have any idea what determines why some start right off the gate, and others 3 months in, and others even other ways? just curious, im just starting to see that its different for just about all of us, strange. thx for giving me hope!
Everybody starts Incivek in day one same as you did. I also started in day one but in second day I threw up all day and no dose made it so my doctor stopped the Incivek and gave me a lead in with SOC only for 4 weeks until I am stable. Then I had the Incivek reintroduced at start of week 5 last Wed. No problems this time around, no nausea.

This is not the standard approach though but I am happy I am tolerating it now
Check under my photos my blood and liver panel results at week 4. VL down from 1.6 mil to 1735, a 3 log drop on Interferon and Riba only. So I hope that the Incivek will complete the work. I will have to check again at 8 weeks (4 only for the Incivek)

I hope this helps, is always good to have some feedback and see how others are doing