Hepatitis Social Community
12 Weeks UND!! Life after Incivek

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

12 Weeks UND!! Life after Incivek

Got the good news this morning!  I have been off the Incivek for 4 days and feel soooooo much better!!  I'm having some weird itchiness at night, but so worth not having to eat fat all the time.  I have energy again and I feel almost human.  For those still taking Incivek, hang in there, it will get better!
Woooo! Go Greta!!! I am soooo happy for you;) see you at the finish line!

I agree...being off the Inc 4 days and I am no longer on any zofran, lidocaine cream and not taking those fats anymore is amazing. I played some light baseball yesterday sitting occasionally, but that is something the Incite would never had allowed me to do.

Ahhhh 12 VL you got that back soon! I don't think mine is ready yet I am so nervous!!!

Congrats!
Laura
*incivek
lol I was too excited for you and forgot to check my phones spelling! :)
maybe check on the fat intake...i kept eating fat throughout tx...i might have been wrong but i think the riba likes fat too.....good for you off the incivek and und!...billy
Great news! Congratulations!
Yes, while the riba says it should be taken with a meal or snack, more of it is absorbed with fat. I have my diet toast in the morning with a glass of 2% milk. and for dinner I usually have a big chunk of protein for the fat. 20 grams is definitely not necessary though (thank God) (although some of my steak portions are probably 20 grams of fat alone!:p

Thanks for the reminder Billy :)

Laura
Congratulations on making it through the Incivek gauntlet! You will continue to feel better and better. That is one heavy duty drug! I've been off for almost six weeks ow and the difference is like night and day!
CONGRATULATIONS!! My hubby is going into his 6 weeks on incivek He has good and bad days but nothing too bad and just found out today 4 week blood he is UND!! congrats to you hope you get better and on to SVR!!!!
thanks..I needed to hear that today!
Congratulations!!!
So very happy for you.  It does get better.  Been 3 months for me and every day is better
Best wishes
Dee
Yay!  It get much easier from here on out, or it should anyway.  Cannot stress enough the need to keep the fat intake and water intake up.  The Riba still needs fat and you want to give the INC a vehicle to leave the building.  You're doing such a great job so far, keeping rockin' it!