Hepatitis Social Community
24 Week Und. & 2 Weeks Post Update

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

24 Week Und. & 2 Weeks Post Update

I got my results back on Monday and my 24 viral load was undetectable. What a relief. I've been off the meds for two weeks now (EOT 3/12) and my taste buds are working again. I can now taste food again for the first time in six months. I feel pretty good in the mornings, but sometimes in the afternoons and evenings I am tired. But overall, I feel much better. I'm up to 48 minutes on the recumbent bike. My ending Hgb. was 10.5, WBC 1.5, platelets 67, so I still have to take it slow. Walking from the parking lot to the hospital was a lot better this time as I didn't feel so winded or like I needed to sit down. I uploaded my week 1-24 lab results in photos on my profile.

I volunteered to speak at my nurse practitioner's class for new hep C patients. She thought it was a great idea so I'll be heading out there tonight. I'm excited about helping nine new patients prepare for their treatment journey.

Thank you for everyone here who has been so generous with their time in answering questions and providing moral support. I'll be telling those nine patients tonight to get on this forum as part of their support system.

Reid
So your doing seminars now. If I did that in my condition 9 people would run out of the building!!! So happy for you. Have fun. Kitty
Congrats Mr. Speaker!  Happy for you
I think that is terrific that you are going to introduce the newbies to the treatment experience. here is nothing like talking to someone who has been through it. Excellent idea.

@kitty-I"f I did that in my condition 9 people would run out of the building!!!''-you crack me up!
Great news!  My platelets were at 66 at my dot labs.    They went up to 122 by 3 months post tax, and at my 6 month post SVR test  (I am cured) my platelets were normal....but right on the lowest number within range.
      Make a special effort to eat nutritious food, and I took D3 and B12,  
While I was waiting for my SVR test, and it helped me to feel less stressed
Sounds like you are doing great, Reid. Congrats on finishing Tx. Now on to SVR.
Congrats, Reid!
Thanks for the nice comments. Mzkity, in spite of the fact that I still look like death warmed over, the people did not run out of the class and cancel their treatments. They were really anxious to learn what it was like to go through it.
Ha!!   Well that's great!! I bet they were very curious. It was so nice of you to give a real touch!!!   Kitty
Reid,
Thats great news my friend...Im extremely happy for you. You have been a great support to me in my treatment so thank you and thats cool that your volunteering like that.Great stuff! God Bless

Evan
Love to hear news of the SVR! That death warmed over feeling AND look does fade with time. Way to go! Karen:)
congrats to you you replied to my hubby a couplr of times and really helped.Well done giving talks to people it will really help them understand what will happen and that they can get through it you should be very proud of yourself i think i can speak for others on this site, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU! just dont over do it, make sure you take care of yourself too x
Best wishes for SVR. Thank you for reaching out to help others.
Advocate1955