Hepatitis Social Community
3a - Post Treatment 4-wk. PCR Test Result - DETECTED

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

I had labs drawn on Jan. 23rd and had an appt. with the NP today.  After 48 weeks of of Riba/IFN treatment I tested detected.  It was pretty painful to hear the news after putting much of my life on hold for nearly a year.  All other labs were normal except ALT/AST which were slightly elevated.  The top specialist came by to talk to me and we both agreed that there is no rush to treat again now.  The plan is to wait a year and see if Sovaldi becomes a viable option.
This whole experience has given me the desire to lead a fuller life.  I've been making some changes and have been feeling quite happy and content.  I will to continue this direction and I hope the dark cloud of Hep C doesn't get in the way.
Rebecca

Sorry to hear this.  I am in the same boat.  We will take care of this next round!
Thank you, Jules.  This is pretty disappointing news and it's nice to hear from others who have been through it.  
So sorry to hear this. Although I have been there and done that also it doesn't make it any easier. To me it was like someone gave me a swift kick in the gut... Hang tough, round two will be your ticket.

Best,
Cando
I am very sorry that treatment did not work for you. I know it must be devastating. You seem to have a very good outlook on life and I am sure you will do just fine going forward. As noted above by Jules and Can-do, Round 2 will be your ticket and it should not be that far off in the future.

Best of luck. Do keep us posted on how you are doing.
Oh Bec I'm so dang sorry. Man your a trooper. Great outlook girl! Agree with everybody above....you'll get it done next time around!

Love your spirit :-)     Kitty

Oh Rebecca, I'm SO SORRY to hear this. I went through that on my second round of tx, and remember how hard it was. The third time worked for me though, so keep up the optimistic attitude and you will make it the next time. Be sure to let us know when you do get your next opportunity to treat. We will all be hoping for the best for you.
Im really sorry to hear this Rebecca. I pray that you will have an opportunity with the new medications and will eventually be cured. God bless!
you have a wonderful attitude about what you will do!  A cure is on the horizone for you.  heal and get strong, and treat again when the time is right.  You will Get your CURE!  Best wishes as you live your life to the fullest!!
Lydia
Thank you all for your compassionate comments.  I still have my moments but there isn't anything I can do to change the outcome.  I am so grateful that I completed the full 48 weeks.  When I was ready to quit there were a few here who encouraged me to continue the course.  If I hadn't taken their advice, I would always question whether ending treatment early caused my relapse.
Laying around for nearly a year gave me plenty of time to think about the person I want to be.  We get stuck in the rat race and pretty soon we're going through the same old routine day after day and don't realize we are in a huge rut and life is passing us by.  
As soon as I stopped the meds, I started doing some new activities that include cooking (I live by myself so I had plenty of meals consisting of cheese and crackers etc.) and getting outside.  I've gone on a couple moderate hikes and I started walking 3-days a week with co-workers.  
It's also nice to get a regular paycheck again and I'm catching up on little shopping I didn't do when I was treating :-).
Anyway, I want to take a break from thinking Hep C 24/7.  I am feeling better and there are much worse things that could happen.
I'll still be lurking around the forum and will keep you all updated.
Best wishes for good health for all.
Rebecca
Dear Rebecca, I just saw this and I wanted to say how sorry I am.  I know what it feels like, I relapsed my first time.  It took me time to wrap my brain around it.
You have an excellent attitude, I am glad you are doing so well.  I was also advised to wait at least a year to treat again.
I was told to rest, eat healthy, take care of myself and try again after the year was up.

I wish you the best
Take Care
Dee
Hi Rebecca! Thought you might be interested in this article....Best of Luck and enjoy your well deserved break.

"Ally 3 is focusing on Genotype 3 which has proven to be a tough subtype to treat in past trials.

One group is new-to-treatment, the other is previously treated patients with a total enrollment aimed at 150 people.

Independent investigators like Graham Cooke at Imperial College London expressed the view that the Sovaldi/ledipasvir combination will probably be a winner in the large Genotype 1 population, but Genotype 3 patients could be better served with the Sovaldi/daclatasvir combination.

In other words, ledipasvir may be effective in patients with Genotype 1, the most common form worldwide, but it may not work so well for those with Genotype 3, which accounts for about 25 percent of cases in Europe and 45 percent in the U.K., and represents a sizable minority in other key markets in the world.

Bristol-Myers' strategy is seeking European approval for daclatasvir in order to pair it with Gilead's Sovaldi before Gilead gains clearance for its own combination. If the strategy works in Europe and the approved label is broad enough to include daclatasvir with Sovaldi, Bristol will try the same strategy in the US."