A "Pearl" about water drinking during tx...
Hey all! I learned something today...Last night I'd been feeling gradually worse...headache, light nausea, palpitations, dizzy...And this AM was the same, but a bit worse...After a tiny breakfast, I drank 3 liters of water over a 2 hour period. (It occurred to me that I hadn't drank much yesterday...) And, guess what?!? All the symptoms went away!
I said to myself,"Ya dumb bunny! See what happens when you don't pay attention to what the "experienced" people have been carrying on about?"  Sooooo...A message to all those new to txing...Drink your water, Yeah, yeah, yeah...Drink your water, Yeah, yeah, yeah...LOL
Everything you said is true. When I first begn tx  I drank about 2 gal a day. Now into my 7th wk, I forget too often to finish my gal/day.

But when I do, it's AMAZING ... the difference is astounding. It really is almost unbelievable how much med toxicity the water wahes out of me.

Thanks for the reminder!
I wouldnt drink too much water, the drugs are water soluable.
CS
Hi all, I am in the 10th week of my treatment and at the beginning drank 2-3 litres of water a day as advised by my treatment nurse in hospital.  I got a bit lazy around the 6th week and didn't drink enough water.  Started to get really tired and suffered with terrible migraine.  So back to the 2-3 litres a day.  Hope that's enough to be drinking, just following the instruction of nurse?
I have noticed a difference as well when I don't drink enough water; I feel much sicker.  I am trying to consistently drink my water every day.  

Very helpful and easy solution...may you stay hydrated!

TV
   It never did much for me except to relieve some of the mouth and throat dryness. It did make me very regular. Almost too regular if you know what I mean. I drank about 3 quarts a day.

Bobby
So far ... I'm going by the colour of my urine, to be blunt and the dryness of my mouth and throat.  If my urine is a light to practically clear colour, I figure I'm good.  When it starts getting back to that dark yellow colour again, I know I'm not drinking enough.  Beyond that, if my mouth is getting dry, it needs hydrating.  If I feel a headache coming on, I drink more water.  Now...trick is to keep it from getting there in the first place, yes? :)

Like I said.. dunno if I'm on the right track, but those are my measuring sticks at the moment.  Amazing the role simple water plays, isn't it.
Sooo...Since I hadn't had any "output" for about 8 hours, it was probably not a good thing? LOL..I know better...For some reason, I didn't feel thirsty...Just yucky...Weird huh? I usually listen to my body and give it what it's asking for...I just didn't "get it" right away this time...It does seem the hydration needs vary a bit...Thanks everyone for the feedback!  I figure, about the time I'm done with tx, I'll have adjusted to this...:)
I have had NO problem keeping my H2O intake up, as I am parched ALL THE TIME.  CS- what is TOO much water?  Just to be on the safe side...  I truly feel like I can not drink enough, ever. (I spend all day running out of my classroom to pee!)
My doc told me to drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces.  I go far past that, easily.  ~especially now that my body weight is dropping!  ;-)