Hepatitis Social Community
Another fine day in NY

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Another fine day in NY

After my physical at Mt Sinai today, I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I walked around the impressionist gallery taking in the Monet, Seurat, Cezanne and Van Gogh paintings.  What an amazing experience!  You can feel the energy and emotion of the times, so much more that just canvas.  I saw the Monet water lilies and remembered that I was lucky enough to see his home in France and walk over the very bridge that he painted.  The lilies are still there in the same pattern; he planted them in copper pots so that they don't spread.

At night, I went to dinner with a friend at a wonderful restaurant and then went to the BB King blues club to hear Toots and the Maytalls - my favorite reggae band.  Toots can really work a crowd.  He had everyone screaming and dancing to the music and singing the lyrics with him.  It reinforced me opinion that NY is one of the greatest cities in the world.

I actually went more than 3 hours without worrying about a relapse!
Eric
If you want to get overwhelmed, get to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam.  Lots of other stuff to do in that city too.
My daughter just got a job at the New York Museum of Modern Art. Kinda relates, kinda.
You should be proud, MOMA is the big time.
She gets 4 weeks paid vacation right off the bat. It's been a long journey but I think she if finally growing up. Kids stay teenagers until about 25 in this country.
I like the acronym, "MOMA". Hope she doesn't burn that bridge. She is good at that.
"You may like me here, but they'll love me down the street." heh
MOMA is great as well.  I wish I had more time to spend here...I would go there as well.  

If the dollar ever recovers, I will go to Amsterdam to see the Van Goghs.  One of my favorite paintings is the sidewalk cafe at night.  I am pretty sure it is in that museum.

eric
I saw some Van Goghs that came thru Portland and it really is true about him being a great artist. Not sure what it is. They jump out at you. You just sit there and look at them from different angles and ponder why.
sounds like you had a great time! Nothing like a change surroundings and focus!  

Jealous you got to wonder and study  such a wonderful museum!   One of the things I miss about Europe are the museums and galleries.

I could stare and often did at David for a very long time!

I love the old masters Renoir,  

Dollar is so bad!    

So did you dance?
I think a lot of women start at David.  Probably some men as well :).

Yes, the dollar is trash thanks to our illustrious government.  I doubt we will be going to Europe any time soon.

I think the Met would measure up to many European museums.  Nothing can match the Louvre though.  The entire city of Florence is a museum!

I did dance enough to be sore this morning!
Went to the Louvre when we were living in Italy as a kid. I kept thinking that Mona Lisa looked like she was going to the bathroom. That cryptic smile of hers that we would ponder over. God, it is so great to be on a planet with human beings that are more gifted and smarter than me!

I have a print of 'Water Lillies' hanging on the wall in the living room with VG's 'Starry Night' and some others. Some Manet's too. Doesn't fit in too well in this house. They were perfect for the style of my townhouse, which they were bought to fill (new construction ) , but they've just never fit in here in this SA rambler house. I need some pichurs' of horses and stuff. Maybe some John Wayne prints.
I loved thee louvre, you could spend days in there and still not see it all!

I have to say the Mona Lisa was sort of a disppointment to me, I thought she was much bigger! Little picture!

Monet incredible, water lillies lovely! Have you looked I horn at gift shops? Where I live there are a lot of horse people. There is a little gift shop that does, some gorgeous tapestries of horses and ranch life!  

I like tapestries a lot.

The dollar is awful in Europe!   sterling is almost two to one! Euro climbing,    They love it, the expatriots there are having a fit!
How 'bout dogs playing poker?
Now that is a masterpiece! My hubby had that when i first met him, still makes me smile