Blood Test Results
I saw it at one time on here but can't find it now.  I have about 29-35 vials of blood drawn every 6 weeks now that I am on this pre-tp list regiment.  

Would like to know what all the abbreviations stand for and what the norms should be for each category.  

Some of you are so knowledgeable about throwing out those things but there are many of us that just go Huh?

I get a copy of all my results...would like to know and be able to compare.  
30 + vials What are all the blood tests measuring?
May must be repeating testing of the same tests. One vial can produce a number of different tests.
I was within weeks of transplant (before I become ineligible for transplant at least temporary) and never had that many blood draws.
Is your MELD score fluctuating a lot?

* All blood tests are explained at http://labtestsonline.org/

* Each lab has different norms. The norms for your tests come with the results.

As far as where you are on the transplant list is all depends of your MELD score. Total bilirubin, creatintine and INR. Those are the most important numbers by far.

Blood test only tell a piece of the story of liver disease. Imaging reports, endoscopy reports, physical exam and symptoms and complications from cirrhosis progression are as important and complete a full the picture. Blood tests tell only a part of the story.

Having cirrhosis enough to get on a transplant list your should understand what is normal for cirrhotics is different than for people without cirrhosis. Comparing cirrhosis blood results to norms is a false comparison and only will make you worry for no reason. No one with advanced cirrhosis who is near to receiving a transplant has "normal" blood test results. You should be comparing to others with cirrhosis and understand what certain important tests mean as far as the advancement of your cirrhosis. There are only half dozen or so blood test results that vary with changes of cirrhosis that are really important to be aware of.

Good luck!
Hector.
heartintheheyes, can you post the names or abbreviations of the tests for us?
Advocate1955
There are three pages of results....I know...I questioned the amount of vials...even checked with the tp nurse....I've never had that much drawn...most at beginning was 12 or so.  I made the tech go recheck and make sure there were duplicates....I was like good God....just take a liter...thought it was crazy...  

Don't know Hector what in the heck they are testing for...they keep sending them to Mayo in Minnesota which is confusing my insurance....not running them anymore from IU....

Don't know if you saw post Hector where I as stating I finally got upset and demanded to know why when it was warm in the house, warm when I was eating and then I would go into a deep freeze mode and fall asleep...know you told me once that my liver had to work over time to process food but the chills and ice coldness was nuts...I'd have on a sweatshirt, a tshirt, a sweatjacket, sweatpants, double socks and slippers, a stocking knit cap and a couple of blankets wrapped around me....complained about this since October....have low thyroid...hypro..... he prescribed med and the cold stopped almost immediately.  Then the tp nurse called the next week and said I needed to double up on my zinc.  

Guess I am trying to be my own detective...he is so focused on doing the tp and is extremely frustrated that my Meld keeps dropping.  

He ordered another Cat and MRI...doing Tuesday.  If they are going to be taking this much blood I just want to know what it is for....'ya know.

Hector and Advocate.....hope you are had a nice day and thank you both for answering.