Hepatitis Social Community
Can I color my hair? after chemotheraphy

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

I had breast Cancer , 6 rounds of tx,ad and cy. My hair started falling out after 2 weeks,( so I
buzzed it all off), easier than hair falling in wads and patchy bald spots.   Anyways, now it's 9 weeks
since my last chemo and I have a lot of hair growth,( fuzzy like a baby chic, I say) and I was always
a blond and the last few years I always colored it to cover grey.  Now my fuzz is white and a lot of
dark and I want to know when I can start coloring it ?   I want to lose the wig as soon as no scalp
is showing but the dark and white color is not me.........how soon after the chemo can I start to color?
Congrats on getting thru cancer tx.  Feels sooooo good when it stops!

I lost my hair to cancer chemo and like you I couldn't wait to lose the wig/scarf/bandana wardrobe.  I started coloring mine after chemo as soon as I had enough hair to cover my head.  It worked out ok.

Three years later ...  same $hit, different disease - my hair is coming out again.  I suppose I'll do the same again.  Too bad this tx seems to last forever.

Color that hair, girlfriend - you deserve to look and feel great!  You're a SURVIVOR.

Here's to you.
JD