Hepatitis Social Community
Celebrities with Hep C - we are not alone

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Pamela Anderson - actress (Baywatch)
Tommy Lee - drummer (Motley Crue)
Naomi Judd - singer (The Judds)
Allen Ginsberg - poet
David Crosby - singer (Crosby, Still & Nash)
Freddy Fender - singer
Steven Tyler - singer (Aerosmith)
Dusty Hill - singer/bassist (ZZ Top)
Ken Kesey - author (One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest)
Jack Kevorkian - doctor
Evel Knievel - dare devil
Phil Lesh - musician (founder of the Grateful Dead)
Linda Lovelace - porn star
Mickey Mantle - pro baseball player
James Earl Ray - assassin
Ken Watanabe - actor (The Last Samurai)
Rolf Benirschke - pro football player (San Diego Chargers)
“Superstar” Billy Graham - pro wrestler
Christopher Lawford - actor (All My Children)
Natasha Lyonne - actress (American Pie)
Martin Phillipps - singer (The Chills)
Jerry Stahl - screenwriter (Permanent Midnight)
Gene Weingarten - writer (Washington Post)
Check Negron - singer (Three Dog Night)
Larry Hagman - actor (J.R. Ewing)
Laurie Bembenek - Playboy bunny
Willie Dixon - blues singer
Benito Mussolini - dictator
wow, who would have ever thought jack kevorkian or ken watanabe?  thanks for posting this list.  belle
Mussolini? Are you sure about that ????
I love this list! My favorite being Tommy Lee. I met him several years back, when he was shooting a video short, about recycling, on Telegraph Ave~ he took the time out to talk with my two young sons, about the tattoos on his face, which my older one asked him about.
   These people should organize a Benefit Concert, to raise awareness, and to put pressure on the drug companies, to hurry up with the non-interferon treatments, we need them now!

I found the web site you got this info from, I find them dubious since the source is quoted from wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_hepatitis_C

' Benito Mussolini: Did Il Duce, the World War II Italian dictator, have the disease? A new biography speculates that his chronic health problems -- stomach pain, fatigue and depression -- stemmed from an ulcer and a mild case of hepatitis C.'

The key word is speculation. Obviously the biographer did not do his homework about hep C.

Since hep C wasn't identified until decades after Mussolini's death,this speculation must be wrong.
I would be curious as to how many have treated or are planning on treating.  I hope Pamela Sue wouldn't put off treatment, for vanity reasons. I think her and Tommy Lee have kids together, and it's what's inside that counts.
Tommy Lee never had HCV.  He was tested several times and it was well documented that he did not have it.
The link to the site is correct and it is NOT "dubious"    A lady in Idaho and myself have been working on that site for MANY years.    I give her the names (she doesn't have Hep C but she has taken us under her wing) and then she makes sure that there is all the criteria that Wikipedia needs in order to make it a "correct site".    Some of the "famous" people that I KNOW have Hep C and have it posted on their own websites, she will not even add because it does not fit the "strict criteria".   Believe me, she is a stickler when it comes to that site.   Christopher Kennedy Lawford didn't have a "free picture" to put on the site so I had to provide one that I took of him AND get his permission and send it to her and to the Wiki people in order for it to be used.    The site is indisputably CORRECT.    I am apparently not allowed to post any links here so thank you to the person that did.  Last year during World Hepatitis Day we were able to get it featured on the Wikipedia home page.   That was cool!    This will probably be removed as I haven't had any luck in posting anything that hasn't been taken down.   I have written and asked why but I can't seem to get a response.   Peace, PeachStatePam
Wait..... I do see an incorrect name on the list that isn't on the Wikipedia Famous people site.   Larry Hagman.    He doesn't have hep C.   He had a liver transplant due to alcoholism so that list that Magnum posted came from someplace else that is NOT correct.   The one on Wikipedia IS correct.
Mussolini and Tommy Lee aren't correct either.    Go to the Wikipedia site and those ARE correct.    Sorry.   I should have looked through the whole list before I hit send.
Steven Tyler cleared the virus. Looks like he went the whole 48 weeks
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/352412/Others-who-have-HCV-from-an-old-post-2008

Kieth Richards with the Stones has it (He claimed that he cured hepatitis C "just by being me").

Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle)
http://stdcarriers.com/famouspeople/celebrities-hepatitisc-3.aspx#&&PageIndex=0&SortDirection=Ascending&SortExpression=firstname
****>>>>>>Aack! I just noticed that website is called, "STD Carriers!!!

Gregg Allman
http://www.spinner.com/2011/06/21/gregg-allman-hepatitis-c-liver-transplant/

I met Steve tyler in person have some great pics of him &, me and the band , We had a lot of laughs , he is very funny.
I see that once again I've brought some excitement to the board. I'm tickled pink!

Magnum
Excitement?? Why is that ? Is it  because of the jobs they have chosen?
Pesrsonally I would be  way more excited if some of them had helped bring more awawness.

Some have....... however most we have never heard from.(altho guess hard to hear from Kevorkian these days)

Best Magnum..
Will
I think we should start a Facebook page and a letter writing campaign to get Gilead to exhume Wille Dixon and cure him of his Hepatitis C.
Thank you Magnum ;-)
Greg Allman did a benefit last year and gave lots of money to hep C.
And thank you PeachStatePam. Everyone's medical history should be made a matter of public record. Why limit yourself to celebrities?
+1 Will

So I googled Tommy Lee HCV and look at this BS on the link below.

Q how did PA get HCV

A the usual way bodily fluids

Our fight to educate continues

http://uk.ask.com/beauty/Does-Tommy-Lee-Have-Hepatitis-C
Steven Tyler Steven Tyler Steven Tyler?

Yes he treated at the same time as me and when first was UND was very vocal about wanting to be involved, now however he does not and rarely speaks about it.

But he's still my profile pic anyways.

Pam Anderson has NOT treated and 'monitors her viral load to see how her hep is doing' she is a moron and NOT a good ambassador for people with hcv.  

Tommy Lee does not have hcv, although Pam said she got it from him he has repeatedly denied this and having met him I hardly doubt he'd give enough of a damn since people know his past history to lie about it.

The crazy Judd said her mind body soul connection cured her of HCV. She did a service at my church and I could not believe was saying such garbage.

And the list goes on..........
Natalie Cole
ahhhh, Magnum, i'm sorry to have to correct you and the others that felt compelled to comment on this list, BUT, i don't see my name on the list. yes, uncledudeness, or Eluncleduderino, or His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El UncleDuderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Dont worry Dude, you are on my list!
uuuuuuggggaaaaaa thanks nygoyl17......hey, is that stevie tyler next to ya?...hehehe
Didn't Judd claim that some sort of "natural supplement" or something cured her?  That was actually interferon?  :p
Hi Suezeeque.   You are quite right that Naomi Judd often forgets to mention that she did interferon.   Actually she used to only make reference to one course of interferon, then she stopped talking about interferon all together, but tonight in looking for her original "open letter" to "us - with Hep C" I ran across an updated one on the ALF facebook page.   On her own website http://www.naomijudd.com/hepatitisC.php  she provides hep c info and part of her original letter and mentions interferon but doesn't mention taking it (that letter has apparently been removed but I do have a copy).    She had something else the rest of us didn't have - massage therapy, accupuncture, chiropractor, etc. etc.   Those and GOD are the only things she seems to mention when speaking.  

I've been told not to put facebook links here (I guess that includes the ALF) but if you go to google and put in " facebook american liver foundation naomi judd " her latest letter will come up first - on the ALF facebook page.   I say BOO to Naomi Judd for not being truthful about her treatment(s) and not getting into the public eye and staying in it for Hep C - just for the ALF which deals with more than 100 liver diseases and seems to have very little time for the one that is an epidemic - Hepatitis C.  JMHO
I think its wonderful these celebrities are open about it. Coincidently Naomi Judd was speaking and selling tickets at a local hospital today here in nj...I'm assuming to benefit those with the disease. Not sure, found out this morning, too late too go but would've liked to support it.
Mussolini?  That's just strange?  Someone would have had to save his body tissue and then diagnosed him after 1989.  Did that really happen, I don't think so.  Better list please. lol

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/reciting-the-hepatitis-abcs.html

The hepatitis C virus was discovered in 1989. For decades before that, it was called "non-A non-B" hepatitis because researchers knew that it wasn't caused by the other known hepatitis viruses at the time. Hep C is transmitted through blood, and 75 to 85 percent of people infected will have a chronic infection, which puts them at risk for cirrhosis, liver cancer, and liver failure over many decades of infection. No vaccine is available for hepatitis C, so prevention is the key to avoiding infection.

This was already answered fretboard and the list on WIKIPEDIA is 100% correct!!   It needs a few more additions though and the other lady that works on it with me hasn't had the time yet.   She has a disabled child and a full time job.

PeachStatePam  
Apr 27, 2012 .To: All.Mussolini and Tommy Lee aren't correct either.    Go to the Wikipedia site and those ARE correct.    Sorry.   I should have looked through the whole list before I hit send. .
I'm going to start triple therapy Interferon, Ribaviron and Incivik (Telaprevar) soon, first having ablation for irregular heart beat, a-fib. I found out in 1994, treated for 3 months in 2001, hemoglobin being destroyed so quit...time to do it again!  <3