Compassion Trancends Geographic Boundries
Kudos to Nomads - SVR little one

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2010/12/19/1056486
oops  "Transcends"
Well, that story sure effected my heart.  I can't even imagine what TX would be like for a child. If you ever hear if this little guy SVR's, will you let us know?
I go to Nomads sometimes but managed to miss this.  I stay kind of hyper-focused in on the things pertaining to Joe only because I've had to be here so many years and I only have so much time.  I do try to give back some when I feel like I know anything that might help someone. It makes me feel kind of bad that I skipped over this though.  
Thanks,
Ev
This really breaks my heart, and the poor kid has severe anemia and low platelets from treatment.
What a way to start out life.

Thanks for posting the story.
- Dave
Trinity

A tough one to be sure for that family especially at this time of year.

All the best for Elijah.

WILL

I really admire people who adopt and especially with children who have special needs. Nice to hear this little one will get the care and support he needs.  Love conquers all.
So sad, I have seen the childs picture before.  Seems like there are kids born with this disease. I did not see his geno type.  His family I believe is following Joe on his walk
My heart goes out to him and his family.  
I contacted her a couple of weeks ago. I am sure she will not mind me sharing this.

December 5 at 7:34am
I’m sorry to hear about your son but glad to hear he is undetectable and on to SVR. It is rare that someone is DX that young. What is his Gen. Type and how is his side effects from the treatment? At least he will have this behind him at an age that he will hopefully not remember most of it and go on to live a long healthy life. I apologize if I come across “Nosey” but this is youngest I have heard that was treated for HCV. I made it through tx about 2 years ago and SVR If you need support visit. http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Hepatitis-C/show/75

December 5 at 8:29am Report
When we adopted Elijah, we knew he had been exposed before birth. We had baby adopted his brother 5 years earlier and we had to have him tested. ( he was negative) We had him tested when he was 9 months old. Elijah is the first child in NC to be treated. The only SX he has had have been recent. He is anemic( HGB is 9.4) and is losing weight.Nothing tastes good. He has to have 60 weeks, he is on week 45. He is genotype 1. I don't consider you nosy at all, I am trying my darnedest to raise awareness for pediatric HCV ( He even spoke at the rally in DC when he was 4!) Thanks for the interest and I will check out your site!