Doctor's Day
When I saw it was Doctor's Day it hit me with mixed emotions.  With all we go through we deal with a number of dostors, insurance companies, time off from work, waiting for labs and other tesat results and it can be very, very frustrating.

That said, I don't know what we would do without the doctor.  Actually I do know, we would die!  Sometimes a lot sooner and in a great deal more pain.  I don't think they are angels in white coats or saints of any sort.  I do find it amazing that anyone could go to school so long, put in the hours an intern does and still care.  That's the amazing part, most of them do care!  Sure, some of them don't or don't seem to and some are idiots, but the majority really do want to help.  

So here's to our doctors!  May they become famous as the one who found the cure for Hepatitis C!

Kim
Well said, Kim.  We may get frustrated with them but we couldn't do without them.They have a holiday (or is it a recognition day) for everything, don't they.

Well, happy doctor's day to all
frijole
I have been blessed with some really great doctors and I appreciate them tremendously.  I send one a year's supply of fruit and he gets a package every month with a different box of fruit. The first year I sent it he called and said he wasn't worried about my liver - he was worried about my mind because he was getting "all this fruit". I told him that he would get fruit every year for as long as I lived. I was in his office 3 or 4 of years later shortly after Christmas (he gets the notice at Christmas) and he said he was still getting fruit. I said "You should be, I'm still breathing". Two things are certain: He appreciates the  fruit and he is reminded of me every single month as are his wife and children. They all know me as the guy who sends the fruit. He transplanted me in 2000 so I will owe him forever - however long that is. My PCP gets Dom Perignon - but only once a year. Mike
Hey dear friend anything I can do for you? Need a car wash or shoulder rub? Let me know because I sure have thought of you a lot lately and just wanted to let you know. I'm always here for you MIke, really buddy, I mean it. Take care.
Your faithful friend,
Janice
I'm great with a suede brush and and a lint roller, bud!
Your fan,
Janice
I keep my shoes looking pretty nice so I don't want you to worry about helping me  with them. I actually have 2 pairs of blue suede shoes by the way and they're both in good shape. That is so sweet of you to offer though and to say that you're there for me. I feel honored that you'd say that to me and I'm not kidding around about that...or the shoes either. Be well and happy, Mike
A Christmas card is thoughtful and considerate and I didn't write to make anyone feel badly. I just love my doctors and though I know they're just doing their jobs I appreciate them a lot. My surgeon still treats me and that is unusual 6 years after transplant. I can call him or email him at anytime and he gets right back to me so he's a special person in my life. And he doesn't drink or eat anything that I could send him except fruit. The idea came to me when I learned he loved mangoes and it just escalated from there. Please don't think another thought about it. I probably shouldn't have written about this stuff. Mike
I just realized it will be 7 years on June 17th. Time flies when you're breathing. Mike
I would keep on sending the cookies - they seem to be working well. I think of you and Nick often and with a warm heart. Mike