Hepatitis Social Community
Done with Incivek

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Done with Incivek

Tee hee, I am done with the Incivek for 5 days now
And UND at the end of it as well

I have less than one week since I finished it and these are the changes:
- not photo sensitive anymore (hardly could stand bright lights in the last 4 weeks)
- no fluid retention anymore
- no vivid images during night time (can you imagine I was having flashes of the Kardashians at 3am? )
- no feet cramps for 3 nights now
- slowly starting to be able to cope with carbs again (was getting nauseaus and dizzy from any carbs or sugars for the last 10 weeks, and I was instantenously having a sour taste in my mouth)

Since I am doing blood counts every week I will let you know how stopping Incivek influeneces blood counts - on Thu

I am still getting tired easily and I still do not sleep through the night but at least I do have blocks at 3-4 hours at the time when I sleep solid so this is awesome. Oh yeah, and I have my dinner now at 7-7.30pm and this is it

And of course I can get away with only fruits or a salad at lunch time :))

I have been reallly lucky I did not have rash or anal pain. Got the headaches, the dizziness and the nausea
Nausea has been manageable without any medication by avoiding sugars, carbs and starches (as much as possible). Especially sugars !!!

So hang in there. I have been on the couch 3-4 days at the time so take time off when you need it. Incivek is tough but there is an end to it

My next VL I guess will be in 8 weeks so fingers crossed will continue UND
Very very happy for you!!! When ever I read the incivek horror stories I always ask why I was spared? Then I say thanks god!! Im 2b riba/peg.I'm so sorry diana66 you had go through that, but you made it!!!! And I hope you got rid of the kardashians!!
That's great news Diana...Its good to hear your doing better.
Yaaaaay! You made it and hopefully it's all downhill from here. Isn't it great to be free from the clock and the fat ingesting? Don't feel badly about the couch time. I spent the first 20 weeks on the couch. I only went out for my labs.
  Ah, that's a great sign, that those side effects have gotten better so quickly, especially the fluid retention gone :)    Just the Interferon and the Riba now, and I am so glad to hear you were spared the rash and the burn. I know, with my personality, that would have been the end for me, if me bum was affected badly..ahh
The hard part is over now Diana. It will get easier.
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
1 hr ago
Dee1956 commented on Cindy's status
Dee1956 commented on meegWpaw's status
Track your weight over time