Hepatitis Social Community
Enjoyed the Day at Busch Gardens

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Enjoyed the Day at Busch Gardens

2412347?1201309633
Today we took my nephew to Busch Gardens,  we had a blast it was a beautiful day.  And actually rode Sheikra twice.   I rode all the roller coasters today.  Something I have not done in years,  But walked thru the park over and over and even went on Conco River Rapids.  It was a chilly 64 today..  But in the sun it was nice.  That water was cold though.   Nick my nephew got soaked.  I had on a yellow poncho.   see attached picture.  Nick is to my left waving.  He was already soaked at that point.  Could not talk Mike into coming on any of the coasters though.  His blood pressure is too high and was afraid it would not be a good idea I guess.   He went on Ubanga Ubanga.. ( bumper cars ).. but all in all we had a fantastic day.  

Tomorrow I will take him to see his Uncle.  My ex.   that should be interesting, since he has not seen me this small ever.. LOL    

Still no results from blood test.
That's quite a feat, surviving a theme park for a full day with a kid.  I think it was you who mentioned waaay back (like a year) about the prospect of taking on such and adventure.  Glad it went well and you lived to tell us about it.  Two questions; why wasn't the kid in school and when was the last time your ex saw you?
Wow, good for you. I have been there. It is a pretty cool place. I can't imagine walking that much now, but good for you.  

GRRRRRRR......I don't want to hear about FLA weather! I am in CA and it is cold and rainy.  I got up this morning to make John some toast and the butter that was out was rock hard from the cold house.  Normally it isn't that bad here. We have a big house and I have to keep the heater off or my bill would sky rocket. Luckily we have two thermastats and I can use one to just keep the bedrooms warm.  I am still afraid of that pellet stove!  
He is actually is 19.   He lives in Oregon, and down for vacation.  Splitting it up between us and my dad ( pops ). My brother  & family moved away when Nick was 5, and up until then I had him every other weekend.  We were very close, and still are, but they moved to El Paso, then out to Oregon.      I haven't seen since 2 or 3 years ago, and 2 times before that.  So its nice to spend some time with him again. After missing so much of him growing up.       Haven't seen my ex in a few years, but he calls from time to time to check on the girls ( the dobies ) but now only 1 left.    

3 months ago there is no way I could have done this.  April went to our Time share in Orlando, and I could not do Disney.. No way.  We ended up going to downtown disney and that was a feat of its own.   We did do Cypress Gardens that week too, but wasn't feeling so well,   so we didn't stay too long, just walked and rested and enjoyed the day best we could.    Had lunch and took some pictures.  

But today it was beautiful and I wanted to be a sport and ride the rides with Nick, since Mike couldn't.     At first he went on Sheikra alone.  I felt bad that I didn't go.  and told him maybe after I ride the others I might be up for it.    So I said what the hey.. on the way out.. I even rode it twice as well as Cumba twice.  Plus all the other ones that have been there for years.   The wooden one was the first one we went on , and it was so rickety.. and rough compared to the new ones that just glide.    On one of them though I boxed the heck out of my ears on those side rails.  But other than that it was an enjoyable day.    I am so glad to be feeling like myself again.  
I couldn't go on roller coasters now for a million dollars, and to go round and round a theme park! wow! That would wipe me out when I was 15! you must be feeling better! good for you!
Yes it was beautiful .    Sorry I got tired before finishing my first reply, and never hit enter to post it.     OH well.   I am feeling it this morning though.. I am stiff., but its chilly out, heater was running thru the night on and off.

My hips were killing me by the time we were leaving the park though, but that was from walking those incline ramps over and over throughout the day....  

Linda, yes my nephew was telling me how cold it was before he left, and talked to my brother the other day, and he told me of the storm that was out there then.
Nick was born here, and wants to come to live here .  Somewhere in FL,  he is just not sure where .

Forseegood ~ I know what you mean about riding them.   Last year when we rode the one at Cypress Gardens, I was alot heavier and riding them is not the most comfortable.
But this time was a breeze.. One thing kinda scary was my picture of us on the ride they take and display.   On that new one the Sheikra, it goes so fast you can see the G's affecting the loose skin on my face and neck.  Face was all distorted and weird looking... LOL   in both pictures of us on that ride    Too funny

Well my dobie woke me at the crack of dawn to be fed, and I think I am going to try to get a few more hrs sleep.  So I will check back later in the day..

Dana
You've got to tell us about your ex's reaction when only half of the former you shows up.
I be luving Busch Gardens rollerr coasters,  when I was a kid we use to go there and it wasn't as much fun, spent some time at Lowery Park too!!!!!!!!!!
Flguy,  I guess some how a whole sentence is missing from my original post.
I reread it, and there was a sentence that said I am taking Nick to see his Uncle this weekend,  ( my ex )   I wonder what the heck happened.  I know I am not crazy.. I had that typed in there, and its not there now.  But glad you seemed to figure  out what I was talking about...  or maybe you did read that too  ? and now its gone ?   Or am I crazy.

Yah I am going to take Nick to see him, since he didn't get to , when he was here 2 years ago.    He hasn't seen him since he left and was 5.   And hasn't seen me  in years, and never this small..  Only calls/called to check on the girls ( dogs )

But I am sure when he sees me , he is going to be in total disbelief.   I bet if he saw me in public and I didn't notice him first, he would not know me at all.    I am not sure he would even recognize Nick at this point.. So maybe we can try to pull one on him that way in public.. hmmmm      

Nick has to finish a paper for class either today or tomorrow, so that will depend on when we go to see his Uncle Greg.   He goes to college in Oregon and works full time.  I am proud of him.. He grew up nicely.    He is very intellegent.  But so is his mother.   My brother on the other hand is a dumbARS, but thats another story.  At least they stayed together.     But now that Nick is on his own.. we will see what happens with those two.    

Will let ya know how the reunion goes.. LOL

I am glad I have that WII.. it keeps all the kids entertained when they come over.. No matter how old they are..    none of them are kids now.

Spce ~
Yah I grew up in this area, so I actually used to take my nephew Nick to the Zoo all the time.. that was his favorite place, when he came to stay every other weekend with me.
We also had passes to BG too , so we took him all the time.. but he says he doesn't remember but 1 time.  But he was young though.  

When we went yesterday,   Fla residents can buy the fun pass for the same price (64.95) as the Day pass, and come back all year.   Or for one day pass, you can go under child price of 54.95 instead of 64.95.   So Mike and I upgraded ours to the fun pass, so will get to enjoy it the rest of the year.  Just pay for parking.$9.00.  So not bad.
Its fun to go there , just for the walk..    
I guess I am Crazy.. it is there..   Must be residue of riba in me..
I have lots of family roots in Tampa, Plant City and surrounding areas!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was last over there during the hurricanes and had some good spanish food off Dale Mabry but it's really changed!!! Ybor City use to have the best devil crabs when I was a kid,,, rolled like litttle footballs and deep fryed!!!!!!!!!!!! With a splash of tobassco, my mom and grandmother were born and raised in Tampa!!!!
Yes they did have some wonderful food in that area.   And lots of good spanish food.. my favorite was at a place just off dale mabry on waters.  and the name just escaped me while typing..  It starts with a P I think.. LOL   Or the Colombia rest in Ybor is great too..    I am south east of that area now though.   In an area where it was blink and miss it type of highway, on 60.   Now its yuppyville.  
Just spoke to my ex, and it will have to be tomorrow.  So no biggie.. gotta get Nick up in a few mins.. He is still on West coast time.   Get him to do his paper, then he can play with the Wii.. LOL   I will probably go do some shopping at my favorite 2nd hand store for some casual shirts.. LOL      

Will report on the reunion tomorrow night..
I am sorry your weather is so crappy.   That can't help the FM much.   And I bet you ARE nervous about the Pellet Stove after last time.  I would be too.  
We will be on vacation the first week in March..  I am so looking forward to it.. Thinking about Maybe taking Monday off next week.. Just so I can enjoy the 4 days.. lol.

A bit sore today, after yesterday.. but that was alot of walking.   but now that we have a Fun Pass ,  I will use it alot thru the year, just to go and walk ..     I need to walk everyday.. I gotta keep this weight off..    Now that I replaced all my clothes.  But I definately feel better for sure.. Just sore here and there, and tight muscles and cramps still in my feet and and ankles.  But the numbness doesn't seem to be there now.  

and if it persists I will see a rheumo doctor and see if something else is going on.  But definately have my appetite back.  Just gotta watch what I eat..  Sugar still seems to be fine.. I test it once a week to be sure.  I sure hope you feel better soon, and that the meds seem to be helping.. You can always come to fl for a visit the first week of March, and be able to meet up with the FL heppers that weekend.  I have plenty of room..

I had an Aunt that lived in Brandon and I think thats were my uncle use to take me to the stock car races! There use to be a springs in Brandon or Bartow we went to (lithia) and Indian Rocks Beach wow I miss those days! I stayed in Bartow on 60 a few years back at a hotel that was something brothers! I also had an aunt that lived by Mcfarland Park!
Yep you got it.   Lithia springs.. Just down the road and around the corner from here.  
Its grown up so much since years ago..    When I was in HS. in 70's would drive 60 across the state to Ft Pierce where my dad lived.  It was nothing over here and Bartow..
I moved over here about 8 years ago.

Sounds like a great day. I LOVED riding rides when my kids were little, haven't in years now. May add to my list of after tx things to do! Riding a roller coaster on tx....maybe not:}

Ok.....sfbay girl, all...what the h*ll is a pellet stove??
And it's been chilly, rainy in Fl., bit not THAT chilly!

LL
Then you went thru Yeehaw Junction which use to have a stuckys like place we use to stop at and had a talking bird!!!!!!!!!!!
sometimes we turned south off 60 and went thru ft meade to sebring over the peace river!! I remember all the phosphate mining too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LL yep was definately fun, and no could not have done it on treatment.   Only the 1 wooden one at Cypress did we go on, and that one rocked everything in me..   Was not ready to take on anything else.    

But now that I am 10 wks post tx.. I feel great.   A bit sore today. but its OK>>> better than how I felt on treatment thats for sure.

Spce ~ Yep stopped at YeeHaw junction everytime.. Know that talking bird you are speaking of..     Small world
I think I have a friend who will drive over with me on the 'weekend' day of our lunch - which have we made a firm date yet?  What about March the 8th?  Sat.???  

Susan
As long as that works for Eric as well, I think everyone else that was interested was open for either day.. But seems Eric said sunday was a better day for him if we did it on the weekend.  You may want to start a new thread and lets get a head count.... I am game either day.